• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P1491, P0443, P0130, P0136, and P0705

P1491 Rad Fan Control Relay Circuit (Chrysler, Jeep)
P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)

Did you do something that could have screwed up your ECM?

Off the top of my head I forget what fuses control the O2 heater. I believe it is F10 as mentioned by McKue but I thought there was another one under the hood in the PCM.

Have you checked your fuses? Seems to be the direction that thread was heading.

PS--Welcome to NAXJA!

Trying to revive this thread! i have the EXACT same codes on my 2000 xj. any solutions? replaced PCM 4 years ago but it was from a junk yard.

changing the fuze fixed p0705 for me but not the rest, is there another fuse involved for the O2 heaters and the evap purge control valve? It could just be neither have been replaced and my jeep has 150k on it.

Install a new fuse #10. Reset the trouble codes.

standard.jpg

changed it, as well as the relays in the pdc as well as erase codes, reset computer. popped up again. I think the purge solenoid might make a lean condition and cause the o2 sensors to be out of parameters. I'm going with switching out the purge solenoid first unless anyone has some better suggestions. ALSO decided to go through just about every fuse on the vehicle to make sure I'm not just stepping on my crank. I tested the values on the 02 sensors a couple months ago and they were cycling properly and the 02 circuit grounded correctly. Getting this thing through inspection is the end of a long process of diagnosing electrical issues that ended up with replacing the wiring harness.

It was the purge solenoid. 0 codes. Thanks everyone on naxja that's given advice over the past several months. The advice was useful most of the time and at the very least gave me a direction to work in when I was bogged down and needed a direction to move in.

I am having the same same shit. I went off roading and banged up my jeep and i had it sit for about a year. I started working on it and i am getting these codes

P1491 Rad Fan Control Relay Circuit (Chrysler, Jeep)
P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction
P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)

So RMX250CFL your telling me it was the purge solenoid that caused all the codes. I need to get this fixed asap

Fixed it. Fuse #10 is labeled open. I stuck a fuse in there and bam! No my question is why does it require a fuse now. I never took a fuse out of there. It didn't just disappear. WTF?

New to forum- so I thought I'd share.

I had p1491, p0130, and p0136 come on right after I bought my 2000 xj.

Printed off service manual pdf, checked the fuses in said manual, and mine were ALL screwed up.

After I replaced the fuses (some of the slots were missing fuses) my dash lights worked, and all engine codes went away.

Logic would tell you that something is goofey if you get a series of strange codes- what are the chances that all of your o2 sensors fail at the same time, as well as the purge solenoid. Fishy....right?

So start with the fuses - make sure they are the correct size, and in the correct slots.

That fixed my problem.

Fixed it. Fuse #10 is labeled open. I stuck a fuse in there and bam! Now my question is why does it require a fuse now. I never took a fuse out of there. It didn't just disappear. WTF?
The circuits have somehow been rerouted through the
#10 fuse when the fuse was plugged in. You'd probably
go blind from reading schematics before discovering why.

The original problem is still there, just bypassed by the
newly created circuit...

Back