• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gojeep Transmission Override Switch Qs

nhrocker

Jackstand wheeler
I finally got around to installing an override switch for first and fourth gears, just as it's shown on Gojeep's site(found here ). I went out for a test drive and it seemed to be working like it's supposed to, but the light is acting weird.

The wiring is just like Gojeep's and I used a flush mount switch that came from a cheap fog light wiring kit.
I've got the power from the yellow wire (D16 on the TCU) running to the post labeled "+" on the switch.
I've got a ground running from the post labeled for it on the switch to one of the bolts under the console.
I've got a lead that runs from the post on the switch (that was supposed to be run to the lights) back to the C15 (violet w/ tracer) wire at the TCU. I've got a diode hooked up so that the stripe is away from the TCU, with the lead from my switch and the wire to the trans hooked to the output end.

My concern is that the light will not only come on when I turn the switch on, but at certain times when I'm driving. Even if it's shut off... It will turn on when it shifts from from a lower gear up to 2nd or from that to 3rd. If I brake without letting it go back down a gear and then accelerate again or hold my speed, the light will go off until it has to shift again. At one point it even came on when it went to downshift.

Is this a concern, or is it just feedback from the normal power being put through the C15 wire since I didn't install a diode on the lead from the switch?

Sorry for the novel...Any help is greatly appreciated! :wave:

560101Y.jpg
Yes it's feedback from wire c15 because it's hot when the TCU turns Sol.2 on also. I use the Aircraft type switches with the cover for safety.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! I'm glad to hear that it is just feedback from normal operation, now I'm not worried about it. :laugh3:

Unhooking the ground or using one of those switches would get rid of it, but I like having the light to let me know when it's on. I guess I'll pull it off again tomorrow and toss a diode on the lead back to C15. That will hopefully take care of it!

Back