• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 3" lift installed....Now questions

A Hack and Tap installed correctly works fine. A HD SYE is not difficult to install, as suggested find some local NAXJA members for technical assistance.

One of the guys in my local Jeep club thought he didn't need an SYE for his Cherokee until the transfer case spewed all the internal parts and fluids onto the highway, 85 miles from home. We spent the weekend 4wheeling in the woods, and he spent the weekend tracking down another t-case and installing it. YMMV.

Last edited:
This ^^^, plus a SYE is very easy to install.

Tim and RCP, (and all others) thanks!

I will see if I can find some local help and get a SYE done up right! I have some road trips I need to do soon very soon.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!

Tim and RCP, (and all others) thanks!

I will see if I can find some local help and get a SYE done up right! I have some road trips I need to do soon very soon.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!

I was terrified of the SYE and put it off for years, but as long as you’ve got good snap ring pliers it’s really an easy job. The t-case is pretty simple inside

Thank you! I decided to leave the rear leaf pack as is, I am happy with how it looks and rides great. I think that howl I am hearing is the tires. They are new meaty MT's, it feels like I can feel the knobs at 1-2 MPH, over 5-10MPH, nothing. No vibes. The larger diameter and heavier tires, the trans if shifting more, lost a little pep. Oh well.

49469999393_38f0870f98.jpg

Your XJ looks perfect! How does it ride with the OME suspension? Where did you order it from?

Your XJ looks perfect! How does it ride with the OME suspension? Where did you order it from?

Thank you for the compliment!

Ride is great so far. I have been in lifts that wallowed down the roads as well as lifts that jarred your kidneys with every bump. This one really is nice. Rides like stock.

I went through Morris for most parts, free shipping and catch when they do a sale. I was looking at Rusty's and would have no problem giving them a try but by the time you add shipping to the mix, I picked up OME less than Rusty's.

Just to summarize:

OME 033RB Rear leaf pack complete
OME 934 Front Coils
Crown leaf bushings
Pro Comp 9000 shocks
1" square tube transfer case drop
Adjustable track bar
YJ rear brake line
31x10.5x15 MT's on stock rims

I do have a hitch and bike rack on the rear so additional 100 lbs.

I lifted my 2K upcountry another 1-3/4" with an economy lift and also installed new upcountry compatible leafs.
Keeping in mind, the upcountry option is a 1" lift over other xj trims.
Basically almost a 3" lift.

Myself i like a rear to front rake if not overly excessive but as said already the leafs will settle down some.
I also installed a 1" Tcase drop and a 100K miles later no drive train issues/vibrations whatsoever.
The Tcase drop has worked ok for my almost 3" lift but a higher lift say over 4" might require a SYE.

On my OME lift I removed one of the rear leafs and got 2.5 inch in the rear, and in the front I added a .75 inch rubicon express spacer to level the Jeep out, with just a little baby rake
2e9dcff3ede6955574dc1410fd97f3bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a 'true' HnT on mine. IE I used a front driveshaft for the rear. I am at 4.5 lift, RC rear leafs. Also, I had a C8.25 rear when I installed it. I now have a Ford 8.8 rear. The HnT barely fit in. I believe 4.5" is the min. I also had to cut down the supplied Yoke. I cut off the non-splined bore. Also, cut to the min of 1-1/8 spline on the transfer case.
You could do the above, and then get a custom driveshaft made. IRO sells such a kit. Also, other vendors sell custom length driveshafts. I'll probably go that route, as I will be lowering to 3-1/2 lift at some point. Also, have a 2" lift planned on another XJ.

Back