• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions for alignment shop in Dallas Fort Worth.

OLDBEAR

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for suggestions for a reputable alignment shop that deals with us Cherokee owners and our lifted jeeps. 95 Cherokee. 3 inch Rusty's Offroad lift. Rusty's Offroad steering. 245/75R17 tires. No wheel spacers. Thanks.

Camber is not adjustable.
Would require adjustable balljoint.

I would not even give camber a half thought. Unless tire shows a wear pattern if it does it could just be wore out balljoint or less likely bent C ears or bent tube at the pumpkin

Set toe and castor to steering feel and how I like it. Then center the steering wheel.

All that's needed is tape measure and hand tools.

If steering is factory I'd give it 1/4"ish of toe in.

If a single tierod ties both tires together I'd set toe at zero or just fuzz of toe in to make sure I'm not inadvertently giving it slight toe out.

Thanks all. I aligned it with just a small amount of toe ( 1/16 or 1/8 ) and it did not drive well. I took it to a shop but I am not impressed with them. I does drive better though. The guy running the shop could not tell me how much toe it was set at and then told me there is no castor adjustment. I don't think I will go back that place.

In my opinion castor will affect driving characteristics more than giving or taking an 1/8" of toe.

I dont care for fast food alignment tire shops most the time they just put the adjustment in the green and dont understand what the adjustments are doing to on rd characteristics.

1/8" 1/4" are just numbers one is as good as the other. Chalking tires will pick right up on wear patterns alignment may or may not be a one shot deal depending on wear and sloppiness of components.
On factory steering I like alittle toe in to ensure sloppy steering does not toe out as suspension cycles.
I do like zero toe best but the steering geometry doesnt allow it nor does wore out parts.

In my opinion castor will affect driving characteristics more than giving or taking an 1/8" of toe.

I dont care for fast food alignment tire shops most the time they just put the adjustment in the green and dont understand what the adjustments are doing to on rd characteristics.

1/8" 1/4" are just numbers one is as good as the other. Chalking tires will pick right up on wear patterns alignment may or may not be a one shot deal depending on wear and sloppiness of components.
On factory steering I like alittle toe in to ensure sloppy steering does not toe out as suspension cycles.
I do like zero toe best but the steering geometry doesnt allow it nor does wore out parts.

I have had good luck setting toe with factory steering but this improved steering from Rusty's Offroad felt a little off. I took it to a shop that advertises lifts, lowering and frame modifications but I was not impressed at all. I will not go back.

Alignment know how doesnt change with lift or lowering kits. A good system will be aligned no different than factory setup.

I'd be weary of a shop advertising as shop specializing in modifications they likely arent busy enough and looking for work.

The best shops dont advertise and are getting more work than they know what to do with.

Sometimes shops techs have an off day.

Same here that is why I am looking for a shop that can help me. I did the best I could do with my knowledge, string line and tape measure.

Same here that is why I am looking for a shop that can help me. I did the best I could do with my knowledge, string line and tape measure.

Call BaerTrax.

Back