• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: laser cut front XJ bumper brackets

Rock Solid Fab

Team Willys
Hey guys, I just got done fabbing up some frame plates to build a front bumper off of. I designed them in AutoCAD and I can have them laser cut. Price would be about $60-65 for a pair. They will be cut from 1/4" A572 Steel.

Also, I have some nice D-ring brackets made up. They are 5/8 thick laser cut plate that accept a 3/4" D-ring. They are $45 a pair shipped.

Anyone interested?

The d-ring brackets, would they be like a tow hook bracket? If so would they provide more clearance than tow hooks?

cut em so the d-ring tab goes through the stock bumper, it will solve the problem of every stockish tow hook bracket which is severe bending and clearance issues.... i think it could be a hot item... agreed?

cut em so the d-ring tab goes through the stock bumper, it will solve the problem of every stockish tow hook bracket which is severe bending and clearance issues.... i think it could be a hot item... agreed?

Bingo! I'd chuck my tow hook brackets in a hurry for something like that at $45

I'd be interested. Like Doug said. Something that goes through the stock front bumper....as a trusted recovery point. As I'm not interested in getting a full on bumper something to use as a pull point would be great.

These parts are just for fabricating... That being said, one could possibly buy a set of frame brackets and a pair of d-ring tabs, weld them together, cut holes in the stock bumper, and get what you guys are describing. I could definitely make them for you guys using these parts, but they wouldn't be $45... that price was just for the d-ring tabs, not the plates.Here:

These are the frame plates:

Frameplate-1.jpg

And the D-ring tabs:

D-ringtab.jpg

I would def be interested in some bumper brackets/frame plates, From the looks of it they use all the mounting points and should be winch ready :thumbup: Just curious how far beyond the front mounting points they extend? (aka how much extra steel is there to play with at the bumper end?)

Tyler.
Have you thought about making a steering box brace to add to this? I'm just shooting from the hip, I don't know if the bumper mounts themselves would be enough. Just an idea. I'd be interested in both the bumper mount and D ring combo for an easy recovery point on Big Red

Alright guys, they extend 8" from the front of the little sheet metal flange that sticks out past the front "frame rail" (the part with 2 bolt holes). However, if you think you need more let me know. I need to know how many people want a set for sure that way I can get a quote on how much to cut them out. Obviously, the more I have cut the cheaper they are b/c a lot of the cost is in the set-up. Post up if you for sure want a set, I can get them cut out and you guys can paypal me money to pay for them.

And yes, they tire into every possible place on each side lol, the only way there could be more bolts is if you drilled more holes in the jeep. They are most definitely winch ready!

Can put me down for a set but I have to take some quick measurements to make sure 8" is enough (it should be more than enough though). Just can't do that just yet since the Jeep is in the shop. Will post up as soon as I get the XJ back.

Alright guys, so 3 people so far? I already have some d-ring tabs in stock, so they are ready to go. Mangeraaad, let me know ASAP so I can get everyone's cut all at the same time.

Alright, Jeep should be in the shop till next week but I will try to stop by and take some measurements on Friday afternoon if possible.

Or to make life easy how much extra would it run me to just have 12" left on the front of the frame plates? Then you can get cutting sooner than this wkend...

Well, see, I need to make them all the same so that I can have 1 drawing. Setup time is everything in laser cutting, so in order to have 2 parts set up, the cost is MUCH higher. The downside is that if I make them all 12", then the price goes up some for everybody. In all honesty, 8" should be plenty. That gives you enough room to put a winch in front of the grille and have about an inch left over. If you think you need more, I would rather just add an inch or two onto it and just make them all the same.

I completely understand. The more I think about it; feel free to just make them as planned (8" should be fine). I don't want to drive the price up at all for anyone else so I can work with 8".

Back