• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great air tanks for OBA

trail rate this

NAXJA Forum User
I have 20 of these air tanks. They came from my local volunteer fire dept.
Prices are: $20 if name is in RED.
$30 if name is in BLACK

All prices are plus shipping. All proceeds will go back to my local volunteer fire dept to help pay for the 20 new tanks they just bought at $900 a piece.

I was told the tanks are rated to 2700 PSI. The tanks that have testing stickers say tested to 3700 PSI. The tanks still have the valves and guages on them. They measure 21.5"s from top of valve to bottom of tank, and 6.5"s diameter.

1119090721.jpg

Great idea! If shipping wasn't going to be a PITA I would pick one up for future OBA.

I have one too! Was in the building when I took possesion. It use to be a rescue squad.

So there is only one port, at the top? I guess you could put a manifold off of that? Or are there any other ports? for pressure switch, drain, etc. Anyone figured the best place to mount one on an XJ yet???:D

If its steel (aluminum too for that matter), you could easily add as many ports to it if you want by welding extra bungs on it. I am still debating, I am not sure where to put the darn thing is the only reason I havent snagged one yet.

I've asked this before, but if you only run 150-200 psi in them, how are you gonna fill them if not off the A/C? There's not room underneath the hood with the A/C for a York or another belt run compressor IMHO. That leaves an elecrtic one which is less than ideal. I want an OBA source myself, I'm just not sure how to do it. Could you use these tanks for CO2?

Back