• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Seat Fix?

mg614

NAXJA Forum User
On my 2000 Limited the driver's seat heater doesn't work. When you push the switch the "HI" light blinks for about 10 seconds but nothing happens. I talked to one of the "Service Managers" at the dealer and he said if the light blinks, there's power to the switch. He suggested replacing the element. It's a "$50.00 part" and all you have to do is pull the seat, then pull the leather and replace elements. Anyone tried this? Seems like a lot and I thought this jacka$$ would have wanted to fix it there. Must not want my money!?

I actually have the same problem right now, its just the drivers seat, the one seat where someone is always sitting. Anyways if anyone knows any information about this problem please post!

5-90 said:
Heated seats in a Jeep? Did I miss something recently? I'm not getting all my memos...

Y'ask me, the solution is to put a hot brick in your pocket...

5-90
That's what I said. Didn't work when I bought it and I didn't care. Then it started to get cold, and that leather is chilly. Then I let my girl drive the other night and turned on the passenger seat and it's soooo nice. Since it's there, why not use it? BTW- Don't think the option is that "recent" get your head out of your a$$.

No, heated seats have been around for a bit - but I guess Daimler still hasn't forgiven us for winning WWII, and keeps watering down the Jeep to make it more of a "car" than anything else.

Of course, I've never liked leather seats, either. More in the summer than in winter - I rapidly tire of having to peel myself off the seat after a five-minute drive...

I've pulled the upholstery slightly a couple times, it shouldn't be too difficult if you're careful. Just take your time, and refer to an FSM if you have one (I don't have one that recent, so I can't be much help to you there...)

Play nice...

5-90

I'm just still trying to decide if I want to try it. I hear the leather can be expensive to replace if I mess it up. This is my first ride with leather, and I'm still undecided. It cleans easy, and since I bought the XJ to have 4 doors for the kid, it made sense. Besides, it was the cleanest, lowest milege XJ on the lot and I got a great deal on it. Just want to take care of that before I lift it. Don't like the Jeep too much now cause it aint big enough! Parked next to my Nissan this thing is tiny. Where might I get a FSM? Will Chilton's or Haynes have the same info?

It should have the same info. Theres tons of info on this. I researched this before I installed heated seats in my Jeep. I didnt go the factory route, I went aftermarket. The problem with factory heated seats is, with repeated use of the seat itself, the wire elements can fray and lose contact and short out. The switch blinking is obviously telling you theres an error. PM me

Thanks everyone for there helpful tips and LINKS! I might try fixing it this weekend before it get to cold to work on it. Sounds like the wire closest to the door is the one causing the problem, doesn't seem very smart to put it there considering that's were the most wear and tear happens.

Back