• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SFR SuperSoft Motor Mounts, say goodbye to vibration.

No doubt... I'm hoping it's something simple that I can fix/remedy! The way the SFR Engine and Transmission mounts are made I don't see how they could be transmitting that kind of NHV but it's there. I can't say for sure it's directly related to the mounts or to something else. I'm hoping it's a simple bind or something in the exhaust and hope to get it fixed. The main thing is that my rig runs great, I'm always busy and working... and when I do get free time it seems I get to work on my kids vehicles or do work around the house. You know the old saying that a mechanics vehicle is the one that's always broke, well that's how I feel most of the time. :)

I had a crazy bad vibration at idle on a Chevy Celebrity I once owned. Turned out to be a broken mounting flange on the AC compressor allowing the compressor to slap against the block. So in that case, not a motor mount issue.

Was able to check out a few things this weekend... Didn't see any exhaust parts hitting/rubbing and all seemed snug but not up against anything. Flex plate bolts were all tight. Only thing I really noticed w/some knocking from the lower oil pan... but it was hard to tell if normal or something else. I couldn't put my transmission in D as I was the only one there and didn't want to kill myself... Ha. I don't want to muddy up this thread but sure do appreciate the input. It's educational hearing others stories and how you've resolved them.

Hey Dallas, I was doing some research on your website and the paperwork that came with the mounts but couldn't find a torque recommendation for the through bolt on the trans mount.

Sweet, thank you.

Back