• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
I better get moving, I got a long list

Install JKS discos
Install Rockcrawler diff cover
34x10.50 LTBs
Gears
Remove carpet, fix floors, and bedline

Build Jeep #2
Lift, Tires, skids, bumpers, rock rails, rear axle swap

-Install JCR 1-Ton Steering
-Remove Lower Molding and Bedline w/ a fine sprayer
-Remove Bushwackers, repaint around the cuts w/ bedliner, reinstall with christmas tree things instead of bolts
-4.88's front and rear
-Chromoly shafts w/ 297's in the 30
-AJ's Super-Rails
-Re-Wire my switch/relay boxes

..that might be it?

Oh, and buy a GTI to dd.

My list isn't nearly as bad as last years so far...

• send my damaged chromolly shaft back
  • install tranny temp sensor (gauge is already in...)
  • get better seats
  • add internal bracing for the exo
  • figure out why engine sounds like crap
  • install hydro assist (cause 33's need it so bad...)
  • replace down pipe and cat.
  • swap in spare front drive shaft

I know I'm probably forgetting more little things. So far the bad one on the list is the chromo I managed to twist the splines on and the replacement should be here today.

fix bosses truck to pull trailer
load jeep on trailer
drink beer
and ask the wife if i can go
i think that is it

finish colectin parts for lift, i alreadt got coils, shocks and shackle
still need control arms, track bar and pitman arm (check is in the mail for dem)
rear leaf springs im gettin local (BDS)
JKS discos
SYE
install lift
tires (33" MTZ)
get new motor
fix floors
new cat
find junkyard D30/8.25 with 4.10's
get lockers

air horn sounds good... might have to add one of those

other than that,
jcr off road front bumper
coolant leak... new upper hose on it's way
clutch slave cylinder (still working but better safe than sorry)
I'll have to see about a rear bumper if time and $$ permits
other than that I should be ready to rock (pun intended :laugh: )

definately looking forward to a good weekend

Install JKS LCA’s
Paint
Install TJ flairs
New rear bumper
Quarter panel guards
33’s
Bump stops
Tranny cooler
New rad
Rewire lights and winch
Then pray nothing breaks between now and June
Of course I won’t start any of this until 2 weeks before NAC fest

Here is the new project jeep:

47b7dd23b3127cce985481995a4400000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

47b7dd23b3127cce98548184db6900000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

:yelclap: party1:

I guess Melissa better get to turning some wrenches on that thing.

Looks like my getting new seats is happening sooner than I thought. A buddy figured out his old seats won't work in his new buggy, so guess who offered to take them off his hands? :D
That means I'll be able to finish the interior cage bracing and harness mounts while I'm at it...:laugh3:

Hopefully I can come to this event... I would like a get a few people from my area to come in case I have troubles with my heep going to the event or coming back from.

Back on topic... Some of you have a pretty long "project list" for a trip less than 4 months away.

My list...

Fix my drivers side hub... since it won't lock --- giving me 3WD which seemed to be worse than 2WD... haha

and... the big one is to get some Long Arms
Most likely Clayton Arms. I am tired of the crappy ride with RE drop brackets and short arms on 6.5 inches of lift with 37" tires.

and fixing anything I break before the trip... lol --- our club SISOFFROAD (www.sisoffroad.com) has a trip to Paragon scheduled for April 26th-29th.

lobsterdmb said:
Here is the new project jeep:

*pictures here*

:yelclap: party1:

VERY nice choice in color.. dont go and change it now!

BOX said:
Some of you have a pretty long "project list" for a trip less than 4 months away.
Actually I think the project lists are pretty short compared to last year. And 4 months is a long time when it comes to working on your rig. I know last year I did the big stuff on my list the week before NACfest.

Last year I ended up putting off a lot of stuff from my list, I just finished the last of it like 2 months ago... This years list is a lot more doable for me. Some things I might put off, but nothing like last year. At least I have skid's and can shift inside the rig this year. :laugh3:

nhrocker said:
4 months is a long time when it comes to working on your rig.
Eh, for some people...
My list (where to start?):
1) Come up with $$$
2) Gut, cut and rework the damaged section of the rear portion of the unibody
3) Start-Finish Rear with D60 now sitting on the floor in the garage (Spool, 5.13s/5.38s, 35spline, full width, discs)
4) 4-Link the rear
5) Figure out what I'm gonna do with the front (keep the HP D44 or sell and buy a D60)
6) Start-Finish Full Hydro Setup for whatever front
7) Complete little things (gauges, wiring)

Hmm... looks like 4 months ain't gonna cut it for me... haha. I'm just getting started on this project and #1 seems to be the biggest problem. Good news is I have my Jeep and the D60/D44 (if I decide to use the HP D44 and not a D60). I'll shoot for next year. :D

I still have a whole new jeep to build with melissa besides improving my own!

nhrocker said:
Actually I think the project lists are pretty short compared to last year. And 4 months is a long time when it comes to working on your rig. I know last year I did the big stuff on my list the week before NACfest.

Last year I ended up putting off a lot of stuff from my list, I just finished the last of it like 2 months ago... This years list is a lot more doable for me. Some things I might put off, but nothing like last year. At least I have skid's and can shift inside the rig this year. :laugh3:

Back