• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another "My beater won't start" thread- Nissan this time

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '94 Sentra that I picked up for $500 just to the gas milage, but all of a sudden it won't start. I knew the ignition switch was weird (very loose, don't really need a key) so that's where I started. As I was taking the plastic trim off around the column I got a spark from the hot lead and now I don't have power to the ignition switch at all, on top of the start problem.

So, first off I need to regain power to the ign. switch, I checked all the fuses under the dash, they are fine. I checked the ign. fuse in the engine compartment, it's also fine. Battery is good and all the fuses in the panel have power, but still no power to the ign switch.

When I checked power to the ign fuse in the engine compartment, I got a clicking in the dash like it was turning on or getting power. But that fuse is still good.

Now I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks-

Back