• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE SYE installed - now what?

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE H&T SYE installed in my NP242 so I have the flat flange.
I have a 95 grand cherokee front driveshaft with the cv joint.(length is good for my app as rear driveshaft)

where can I get the u-joint 'connector' to joint the driveshaft to the flat SYE flange? is there a particular part number or what junkyard vehicles should I be looking for?
The part I need will be flat on one side with 4 bolt holes and the other side will have 2 ears for a u joint.

I did search but couldn't find the specifics - mostly just found references to "you will need a new driveshaft"

thanks for any help/advice

you can take that shaft to a driveshaft shop and have the end converted to a flange type joint and its done prolly be 50, 60 bucks or you can go find a shaft that has a flange already on it .

you can Napa buy the spicer part, and some new U-joints, and spend some time with a hammer and completely rebuild the driveline, should take around an hour.

Spicer PN 211229x
http://napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=PUJ&PartNumber= 627&Description=Double+Cardan+(CV)+Centering+Yoke. Its a centering yoke so it has the centering cup for the centering ball on the DS.

DSCF0801.JPG

Thanks for the info guys. Driveshaft shops are .....scarce...in my neck of the woods, but there is a NAPA.

That picture threw me for a bit because it's not what I need, it's what I have (I think), but when I click on your link it has the pic of what I need. So the bolt pattern on that part # matches the RE SYE, right?

That is the part I got. It cost me $115 for that and new U-joints for the shaft from my local drive line shop. The NAPA went belly up a while ago and it was hard enough for the drive shop to find it.

We did find out that it was a factory part on early 80's Ford T-birds and Lincolns so if you have a yard you can pull from...

I wanted all new parts for my build, kinda picky I guess.

Back