• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soon to be 6"(i hope)

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
thinking of moving up to some 4.5"zj coils and 4" rustys springs with 1.5" shackle, will this be pretty even? trying to figure out all the hardware i will need to make it work. i already have drop brackets for my lowers, i am going to get adjustable uppers and adjust track bar, and an sye. is there anything else i will need, aside from new shocks and gears. try not to flame me if i left anything out, i am use to my little 3 inches. TIA

ramsey

yeah but its time to take the plunge and get a little more serious with it, just want to make sure there is nothing else i am overlooking

what rear springs are you using and is it level?

You may want to consider better rear leaves. I know Rusty's are price well if you don't have to ship them across the country, but I would check out BOR's 4.5 leaf packs. IMO you should have your rear about .5- 1 inch taller than the front. When you get all loaded up, you loose some lift hieght. Stock XJ's come that way anyway. Well just something to consider, you package looks good, also are you going to address your steering angles and links?

no idea about the steering i thought it would be ok, thats why i was asking, i might go with different leafs, the rear end is not set in stone yet

You might want to look into a drop pitman arm and the RE HD drag link and bracket. These will improve you steering angles and links.

Your steering will work in it's stock configuration but it is week and the biggest reason to change it is due to it's weakness. There are lots of choices out there to change it all out or beef up what you already have. I have driven several different xj's with 6" of lift on with stock steering and I think they are ok on the street but a new steering set up will improve it significantly.

I assume you already have longer SS break lines?

Michael

thanks for pointing that out, forgot about brakes, but not to big of a concern now, i am going to get the bar uppers and sye before i replace my lift, as money will allow for it.

Back