• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground Fee

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
*Fee boxes have been installed*

I've been hearing a rumor floating around about a campground fee going into effect this year for Long Meadow (Base Camp for NWF), Longmire Meadow, and Ponderosa Camp. So I checked last night, and then called the Naches Ranger District today to confirm.

There is going to be a $5 camping fee put into effect this year for the sites listed above. This is to help cover maintenance costs. The fee will cover one vehicle, for one night.

However, until the fee boxes are installed the campground fee isn't necessary. At this time there's no set date for when they will be installed. They're thinking maybe Memorial Day, but it may get delayed till later on in the summer. So at this point, be prepared to pay the fee for your stay if it's necessary. I'll try and call a week or so before NWF to see if there's any update.

For anyone interested here's a link explaining the fees. LINK

Last edited:
i say if the boxes arent installed, collect the fees anyway. at least from those who can give it. then hand it to the the ranger people and say "here, a gift from NAXJA" or sump'n.

The boxes are now installed at Long Meadows and there is a $75. fine for not paying. The rangers will be checking daily so make sure you are current.

Thanks for the update.

I called Naches Ranger Station last week to check on a few things, and they said they were fairly confident Long Meadow had it's "Iron Rangers" installed for Memorial Day weekend.

Also, I was told we do not need NW Forest Passes for Long Meadow (heard some more rumors). As long as everyone pays the campground fee, that fee will cover you and your vehicle. If anyone plans on taking some free time to go hiking at a trail head however, then you will need a NW Forest Pass to park your vehicle.

Does anyone know if the fee is more specific than just pay $5 per day?

That is, if I show up Thursday night (10pm let say) to camp...do I still have to pay the fee, as there would only be a couple more hours of the day left.

It's not a problem to pay, just curious.

~Scott

Does anyone know if the fee is more specific than just pay $5 per day?

That is, if I show up Thursday night (10pm let say) to camp...do I still have to pay the fee, as there would only be a couple more hours of the day left.

It's not a problem to pay, just curious.

~Scott
Are you camping in the field were there is a $5 dollar fee? Then yes, you'd be expected to pay.

Back