• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old stage cleanup

This idea has crossed my mind. But im not sure which is gonna be the lesser of two evils. I mean. If the way things are going maintains then we will lose that area....If it goes on the news the greenies might get ahold of it and we will lose the area......

I mean its a huge rock and a hard place.

I recall on my first wheeling trips , gus taking photos of others leaving the trail sending them to the f/s, maybe do something like that ,and if a f/s vehicle is in the area get thier photo.Most cameras have date and time stamps ,might do some good . I recall in the calif hi desert the areas where guys parked to ride m/c were absoulutly trashed, and the areas arwere closed and it took the tv newsie and folks going to jail to get them re opened that was in the barstow to vegas race time

Ya but out here the FS just smiles and nods at the pics as they set them aside to get covered in dust. They dont give a shit. At all. What so ever.

I am on the fence about bringing attention to what is going on. My thoughts are that if more people get involved we risk the area being shut down completely. A friend of mine mentioned contacting the EPA about the FS not doing their jobs. But they would surely take over and close off access.

But eventually (possibly sooner than we think) the fs is just gonna close that area down anyway. :dunno:

I want to thank the people involved here , I use that range all the time and always try and clean the area each time I go , but in the last year its gotten out of hand , those shotgun shells and ammo boxes were freekin everywhere . I knew for sure the PR would close the trail if they got a whiff of the permeated lead in the air . You can almost mine the back of that hill for lead and copper and come out making money ...

Thanks for keeping one of my spots clean .

Yeah, I'm of the opinion we keep needed clean up areas posted on public forums and show the work we're doing within our own communities/web forums and simply be proud of the efforts we're putting in.

Bringing the media into the mix will likely result in pressures being placed on an already under-funded, under-staffed Forest service..... and their response will be to close the area down as it's easier to limit the number of areas they're responsible for rather than step up their work/activity.

Gawd....... I hate it when I'm right.

Back