• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Work - June 10 & June 11

Saved from what? Are they in danger?

I'm up for both days. I'd like to try camping without any snow for a change.

Great.

If it snows I am blaming Tim for bringing it up.

Great.

If it snows I am blaming Tim for bringing it up.
If it's going to I'll be bringing the appropriate gear...this time. I was fine the time before last.

Any Idea what trail(s) we will be doing on Saturday?
2N49 had some rocks that could be moved.
When do we get to play with the heavy equipment and repair the erosion damage?
When do we get chain saw training?

I am trying to convince Shannon that camping on Saturday night will be even better than SnoCalFest, because no snow. So Tim better not mention snow anymore, otherwise I won't be able to camp Saturday night and do both days.

Right now it's 2N49 and Cleghorn with one trail one day one the other. They both need work. We'd have to dispersed camp (I'll bring my propane fire ring), though, as the work center is too far away to be convenient in that scenario.

Camp location will depend on how many people are camping with us. I know of a few good spots along 2N49.

2N04 could use a bit of work, too, but I think the needs over on teh West side are greater.

Either way making a run up to North Shore make be a necessity for at least one person in order to unload trash.

Peter, I've been looking at 4 season tents and I've been assured by Mother Nature that it won't be snowing again until after I get one.

Peter, I've been looking at 4 season tents and I've been assured by Mother Nature that it won't be snowing again until after I get one.

That is a recipe for a visit from old Mr. Murphy, who would probably relish the thought of messing with Mother Nature as well as you and all of us.

Mr. Murphy'so dead. He died and went straight to hell and now he's running the place.
:firedevil

You trying to tell me I am in Hell?

That might help explain some things.

Looks like the kids and I will finally be able to make one of these. We're up for camping so I'll bring my offroad trailer along and would be able to haul some trash in it as well.

I'm planning on both days with Alexander Will be bringing the off road trailer as I want to brake in the RTT. Might have another dad and his son too.

Those attending should consider bringing reach extenders (reachy grabby things) if they have them.

Those attending should consider bringing reach extenders (reachy grabby things) if they have them.

TRUTH!!

Cleghorn seems to have been neglected on the trash pickup, and a good number of bottles and cans are laying under thorny shrubs that leave their broken tips behind in your skin. Either reach extenders or a suit of armor would be useful.

Back