• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short Notice - Workday This Saturday, March 11

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
SATURDAY, March 11 - 2N49 Maintenance
Meet Point 09:00
AM 2N49 Southern End / Palm Ave. San Bernardino
The focus for this run is to winch some fallen trees clear of the trail.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). We will need 4x4 for this weekend as 2N49 has some serious ruts.

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it. In tick-areas it is best to cover as much skin as possible.

Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
I might manage to make it.

Picked up a new toy just for this purpose. With lots of teeth.

Might have to leave a couple of Varmints behind in order to fit it in the Jeep...it is a few inches shy of 6' long.

We will see if I can abandon The Bride with some Varmints.

Me and Varmint #2 are just about ready to roll out.

See you in a couple hours.

Seems kind odd, work day and not packing the tent. Odd too packing Gatorade without the tent.

:roflmao:

See everybody there.

ETA: got belt...finally.

Thanks to John, Tim, Anak, and Varmint #2 for helping out on 2N49 today. Together we cleared a number of fallen and hazard trees, picked up some garbage (including a very odd single leaf spring in the middle of the trail) and had a good time. Together we earned 60 hours toward the program.

Here is a preview of one of the more interesting parts of the day.

I've got to stop missing these things. You guys are sure are getting some good work hours put in. I'll never catch up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here's a still from after when Tom got the tree he was pulling into place.

2017.03.11_2N49%20AAT.jpg

He got to pull the smaller tree because he worked harder than the rest of us.

Folks aren't going to be able to identify my contribution to that roadblock without a little help.

I think the tree allocation was made according to tire size.

031117AAT10OPT.jpg

It may have also had something to do with my sucking wind and not being fully aware of what was going on until all the good trees were already taken.

:confused1

From the other end of the day, here is an action shot of the first tree we dealt with:

031117AAT4OPT.jpg

Back