• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miller Rock Trail and the south St Vrain

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
Today, Sunday, or Monday. Trail is usually over grown at the bottom. Trail damage rates it as a 5-5. The side trail crossing S,St Vrain is short, narrow, side hill and can be challenging. Water depth is probably 24'+. On the other side a short walk takes you to a small waterfall. There is a trail up the far side of the river is tough but a home owner has blocked it trough his property.

I'd return the way we came after a trip to Miller Rock. The trough trail past Miller Rock is easy, but you have to contact Overland ranch to have them unlock the gate. Sometimes they do and sometimes they forget. It can be a pain waiting.

I'd be down for Sunday if there are enough people interested. I'll have my kid with me but the harness fits around him and his car seat very well.

Monday would work for me too, kid will be in Day Care so I'll be solo. Just need to be able to get back into town in time to pick him up at 6pm.

OK Monday it is. I just noticed I have an early dental appointment. Let's meet at the U Pump It in Lyons at 11. By that time I may be able to talk,, frew ma wips.

Dutch, the only good place to park your truck and trailer would be at the old St Vrain Glaser turn out, about a mile away from the trailhead.

Thats fine, I have plates on my Jeep so I can drive it on the street as needed. Its not 100% street legal but at least its registered/insured.

According to google maps it look like its on the left after the road splits?

Heading west on hwy66 past were hwy36 (Foothills hwy) merges with it. It will be on the right side (north side) before the main part of town.

Ranger Rick, will I make it through the water ok with 31" tires & a 3" lift

Well if a TJ on 32's can do it then a stock XJ should be able to make it.

Besides, I can always use my YJ to tug your XJ across another obstacle. :D

Kid dropped off at daycare, trailer brought home, and Jeep loaded. Now I've got an hour to kill until its time to leave.

Back