NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

North Atlantic Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old Yesterday, 14:29
NAC VP

Re: RocktoberFest '19 - Oct. 25-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedisme View Post
If Paul's job is anything like mine they don't even want to know more than a week before. There is no scheduling time off. If they need you to be in and you say you can't they will probably just lay you off.
Yeah, that's the boat I'm in too, and im in the middle of a colossal s**show. Running it. I'm making it, but just barely. Taking the jeep off to dump it up there tomorrow, (after work). Along with the shirts and whatnot.
Wish me luck.
Old Yesterday, 14:33
NAC VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mayercik View Post
Thanks for the info, Rich. That gives me something to plan around with my uncle who's joining me (he came along for a day back the last couple times RocktoberFest was down here, and is looking forward to riding along again this time). Given the distance from TwinGrove, I'll probably not be staying aired down/disconnected for running to/from camp, so 8:30 gives me time for that before the office opens.

I recall the paperwork being on-par with Rausch (basically just a waiver, no "membership", and it's electronic via iPad instead of on paper), and buying the day's pass, so not too bad. I would expect Friday to be relatively quiet being a non-summer weekday, but that's just a guess. Eric (EHall) is up there a lot, I'm sure he'll weigh in shortly on the matter.

Shirts and plaques, eh? I'll be looking for those then (and if you have any leftover plaques from NACFest this year, I'd like to get my hands on one of them too)...
Rob it's not too awful far just a little hike more north on 81 for the most part.
For the record I've run the highway aired down to 12 on mine many times and it drives fine, and haven't even had a swaybar for a few years now, you'll be fine.
Nice to hear your uncle is coming along, I remember him coming from before!
We will have a good time, hell or high water.
Rich
Old Yesterday, 18:48
PSR Fire Marshall

Location: Upstate NY-live; Death Valley-play; Hawaii-working on it

Well, I have to go to Poughkeepsie next week for work (thank you for the condolences). It also appears that my wife has to work next Sunday. So, it looks like I may be granted a hall pass to come home by way of Pine Grove, PA.

Is it too late to request a meal ticket for Saturday?

Does anyone have a seat for Saturday? I don't think I'll get there Friday until after noon at the earliest, so will likely not be able to make runs on Friday.

I'll likely stay Friday and Saturday night at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove, since that's one of the closest hotels, and I'm arranging this so late.

I'd very much look forward to seeing you all. I'm also guessing that since I need to be pairing down my beer cellar, that a number of them may end up in the trunk on the way down. The temps are just fine this time a year to keep them properly stored.

David Bricker / SYR
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2021
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.