• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Composite leaf springs

Mine are 3.5" arch and 250lbs/inch. Meant to lower XJ 4" in SOA.

that's pretty cool. i wonder how they'd hold up in a spring-over configuration, and in a daily driver with no weight in the bed?

Probably fine. The guy told me that the only thing they had to deal with on the rally ruck was the springs needed to be wrapped up with duct tabe or have a vinyl sleeve over them so they didn't get sand blasted by flying dirt and rocks.

This set is a spare set they got and never needed because the forst set held up just fine.

Google Flex-Form. That's who made them.

Better yet: Click here. http://www.flex-form.com/Default.asp

Last edited:
That was the only choice. If they don't lower enough I will 'flip' them over and mount SOA but with the arch upside down and use shackles or blocks to set the ride height.

Did anybody ever end up buying these? Curious how they used them cause I've been wanting to turn my 87 into a scca clone truck
3yma6y8e.jpg

Damn. I'd love to have those but no payload would be a problem for me.

I'm 99% positive those composite leaf packs are for SCCA trucks..... not Ralley or Off Road/Stadium racing........

Here's a thread on ComancheClub about 'em:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/34030-want-to-own-an-scca-comanche/

One of their members actually found the company that used to build the trucks for Archer Racing and bought a set of leaf packs exactly like the ones cruiser54 has.

550572_285026414929562_1833632455_n.jpg

I'm 99% positive those composite leaf packs are for SCCA trucks..... not Ralley or Off Road/Stadium racing........

Here's a thread on ComancheClub about 'em:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/34030-want-to-own-an-scca-comanche/

One of their members actually found the company that used to build the trucks for Archer Racing and bought a set of leaf packs exactly like the ones cruiser54 has.

550572_285026414929562_1833632455_n.jpg

HAD. Sold them a few months ago. The set I had was used on Pro Rally trucks. Just a spare set. The guy told me for offroad racing, you had to wrap the springs with duct tape so they wouldn't get blasted by rocks and gravel and get wiped out real fast.

Here's a pic of my composite springs on '#becauseracejeep". Lowered with SOA! 26.5" ground to the rear flare. Actually had to use 1.5" lift blocks and 3" longer shackles to get it off the 1" shorter bump stops.
2013-05-21182951_zps84553be9.jpg

2013-05-30182841_zps68322cc5.jpg

The single 250# composite spring was too light and had to double up with a second 175# composite spring. Now much better and firmer.
2013-06-25155037_zps09297a76.jpg

I finally got my composite leaf springs from Flex-form yesterday. They had a "significant equipment malfunction" and have been down for months. They are 320#/in rate and have a 6" arch. They feel about 10# each, so the Jeep might dip under the 2700# mark after install. Can't wait:
y8uqade8.jpg
y7ave6y5.jpg

F that couch. I'm the newest person in a Mt Pleasant DC house built >100 years ago. It needs a serious renovation, but then my rent wouldn't be $193/mo for the whole 3rd floor attic. I wish the owners would rent a roll off so I could toss all the isht that previous tenants left in the basement, living room, and dining room. It's a few degrees better than the Fight Club house.

man i wish my leaf packs were 10# haha nice, can't wait to see how you like them. i'd be afraid of shattering em the way i drive in the desert.

Back