• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Im just gonna leave this here. We can talk about it later....
https://youtu.be/F7o4OkKjXZc

You can make hp out of almost anything if you want to spend the money. For what he's making in power you van pretty much get out of a salvage yard ls 6.2 which I picked up a few weeks ago for $500 complete with 150k on it from an escalade 420hp 400+ left stock a simple tune on the computer will bring those numbers up a bit for cheap . I get that it's "unique" but there's a reason no one builds and it's because they aren't cost effective vs other engine platforms on dollar to hp basis.

Guy wanted a c note to sand blast my front axle... in hind site the orange rust dust that covered my garage and lungs mightve been worth it... up in foco, I had to call around until I found a guy that would even do it, no shops really specifically doing stuff that isn't industrial is what I found

Blast-Tech is the staple around the metro area. Wouldn't surprise me if the price has gone up over the years with everything else. They blasted and coated my bling XJ 44 back in the day.

i.php

With a 7.3 pulling all of it one might wonder if that speed limit sign is more or statement than just accidental back ground...;-)

Grabbed what I thought was a purple haze Bing energy drink yesterday somehow didn't realize I grabbed a rock star...lol... it was dark in the truck and popped it open and took a sip and about spit it back out it appears the flavor testers think cotton candy tastes like burnt day old coffee because that's what that cotton candy flavor rock star I accidentally grabbed tased like ...at almost $3 a can i still trashed it .

With a 7.3 pulling all of it one might wonder if that speed limit sign is more or statement than just accidental back ground...;-)

Pulled it just fine from Cheyenne, with crappy winds and (oops) no front swaybar.

Still to big for SRW truck.

It'll land on a 30-32' gooseneck.

Truck will be getting some pep with injectors and a turbo this winter, put me at a respectable 375-400hp.

Pulled it just fine from Cheyenne, with crappy winds and (oops) no front swaybar.

Still to big for SRW truck.

It'll land on a 30-32' gooseneck.

Truck will be getting some pep with injectors and a turbo this winter, put me at a respectable 375-400hp.

What do you think your gross total will be... about 20-22k ?

What do you think your gross total will be... about 20-22k ?

I'll be over spec'd GCWR, most are when towing in reality (comes up a lot in the various crawler hauler groups)

Being conservative:

Truck is ~8500
Buggy 4500
Trailer 6k
Camper 4k
Weights for various things like spares, totes, etc. added into the estimates

I'd guess somewhere near 22K +/- 2k.

But I'm never in a "hurry" towing...don't need to do 80mph up Vail pass towing a 50k load. Other than Floyd Hill, Vail Pass and Eisenhower coming east, don't really overly feel I'm lacking in power towing the buggy on the 10k (heavy) 18' trailer.

No matter what, having the manual is going to slow me down getting up to speed from a stop, and keeping speed if needing to shift while pulling hills due to loosing all boost.

Decided to stop by the gym on my way though Wellington when I was done I was washing my hands and noticed the brand was ...lol... Lifebeouy . If you know why that's funny you know why I started laughing .

I really do have a problem leaving things alone :D

Already planning and in parts implementing changes/updates to the camper...thing is gonna be even nicer when done. In the works/planning so far:

- LED light on interior light (currently LED but too blue)
- Replace all cabinet hardware and hinges from gold to brushed nickel
- Replace all cabinet closers from brown to zinc
- Replace plastic bathroom and kitchen sink faucets with nicer, taller, brushed nickel unit
- Replace bathroom and kitchen sinks (white plastic) with stainless units
- Replace white plastic shower valve and hose/sprayer with nicer (brushed nickel) units
- Built stove cover (more counterspace)
- Wrap (peel and stick) refrigerator "wood" paneling with new design (planned and about to order)
- Replace water heater (works fine from what I'm told, but I could see crustys in the tank, so why not).
- Install (was one at one point) water filter system for separate nozzle near sink (already there, just not hooked up).
- Replace stereo (old Kenwood) with newer bluetooth unit

Outside of the water heater, talking all of a few hundred bucks, and it'll be that much nicer inside.

There are some other things happening, that are just have to dos like:
- Replace control panel on fridge (on its way)
- Replace big vent fan (units all there, but I think the board is out)

There's still more on the list, like a full reseal, adding some more diamond plate protection, cleaning and painting...waxing...etc. As most are aware, I'm anal retentive...so this thing will be an ever nicer place to be in (than it already was) by the time its ready to land on a gooseneck.

- Replace white plastic shower valve and hose/sprayer with nicer (brushed nickel) units

I've had my cabover for 18yrs and was always disappointed with the wimpy water pressure at the shower head. I drilled out the water saver fitting with no real improvement and was ready to change the water pump to a higher flow unit until I tried this new shower head...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5MUB66/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kinda pricey, but made all the difference.

I've had my cabover for 18yrs and was always disappointed with the wimpy water pressure at the shower head. I drilled out the water saver fitting with no real improvement and was ready to change the water pump to a higher flow unit until I tried this new shower head...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5MUB66/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used the oxygenics rv shower head in my last 2 campers. It is a great improvement over the original and I have been very happy with it.

I have used the oxygenics rv shower head in my last 2 campers. It is a great improvement over the original and I have been very happy with it.

Thanks for the info on that.

Ironically I was looking at that exact showerhead, as perusing RV/Camper forums, the name had been mentioned several times over.

I'm moving everything to the nickel/stainless for not only aethestics, but because man do the faucets and such feel cheap and plastic-y. I mean, I understand why...but pass on that for me.

Back