• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RocktoberFest and ...

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So has the date for RocktoberFest been decided?

Well, I've been thinking (look out y'all!) ... NJJA Crawl For The (Cancer) Cure at Rausch will be on October 23. What are the chances that we can sort of combine the 2 event or at least use the same date(s)? I "must" attend the Crawl, which is a 1 day thing (Sat). The Cancer Society has been my fave charity for many years. And I would love to go to R'Fest, but I'm sure H.e.double-hockeysticks will freeze over before I'll get 2 weekends off from work in that month. With a combined event, we could contribute to a very worthy cause, I wouldn't have to do all that driving for just 1 day of wheeling, and we could participate in both events.

Any thoughts on this Andy? Others? Please be gentle with the :twak:.

Thats a good idea Laverne. I guess NJJEEPTHING and Andy need to talk a bit..

If Rocktoberfest is later in Oct such as you mention i'll have a better chance of making it.

Andy won't respond to this for a bit cause he is away...but I can work on 'convincing' the VP that it is a good idea to start the conversation about organizing a combined event!

Thats a good idea Laverne. I guess NJJEEPTHING and Andy need to talk a bit..

If Rocktoberfest is later in Oct such as you mention i'll have a better chance of making it.

X2 if it matters

hope I buy a house by then... because otherwise you guys are gonna have to put up with me again!

Great response so far. I hope it works out that way. Last year I was at the Crawl and missed the Fest, and it was looking like that so far this year again. As far as I see it would be a win-win situation for many reasons. Only thing is it might be a bit crowded in town, but many of the Crawl people go for just a day. Hope this works out :nail biting:

Laverne....
Sounds like a good idea, but we have to look into the Rausch schedule too and make sure it works, as well as the campground too.

We should have a firm date for Rocktober-Fest by mid-July timeframe, and we'll try to keep it on that weekend.

A.

Laverne....
Sounds like a good idea, but we have to look into the Rausch schedule too and make sure it works, as well as the campground too.

We should have a firm date for Rocktober-Fest by mid-July timeframe, and we'll try to keep it on that weekend.

A.
Awesome Prez. Fingers crossed on that.

I've decided to do one year Rocktoberfest, (last year) next year Lobsterfest....so THIS year I'll be in NH.

I am sure the club would love to have a ton of XJ's at the Crawl on Saturday, and traditionally we stay and wheel on Sunday as well.

I think it would be a great idea to combine both events, with the cost of a weekend at RC always increasing, why not do two events in one weekend. One thing to think about is we pretty much fill the Comfort Inn just for the Crawl, so if this is going to be the same weekend, an additional block of rooms should be reserved ASAP.

Bob and I are up for it

I am sure the club would love to have a ton of XJ's at the Crawl on Saturday, and traditionally we stay and wheel on Sunday as well.

I think it would be a great idea to combine both events, with the cost of a weekend at RC always increasing, why not do two events in one weekend. One thing to think about is we pretty much fill the Comfort Inn just for the Crawl, so if this is going to be the same weekend, an additional block of rooms should be reserved ASAP.
Good Point. I always seem to make my reservations a day or 2 too late. I think I'm gonna take care of that today. That means they shouldn't have any reason not to have my microwave/fridge waiting :laugh: (private joke). Haven't been able to get that lined up the past couple of times.

As someone whos' been a guide for the Crawl for the Cure 2 years running and counting, I can throw in the hat and say that NJJA throws a great event for a great cause, and I'll make them both, one way or another. Great group of folks, would definitely be a good contact for the NAC.
Rich

I'd love to run a trail with ya finally.. and i havent wheeled with JC in waaaay too long.

The Crawl is for a good cause, hope you and Andy are able to work it out.

on a side note, they do award a plaque for club participation, and I think the NAC would definitely clean that one up....besides, it would definitely boost their donation pot for the Am. Cancer society, always a good cause.....

Back