• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clearancing LCA mounts for more flex

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
1990 XJ with V8 coils and 1" spacer/bastard pack in the back for 2.25" of lift

Yesterday I had my junk flexed out and noticed that the limiting factor in flex has become my stock control arms, or rather where they contact the mounting points on the axle. Seems that if there were more space in there, they could drop down more and give me more flex.
I THINK that I have read of a few people clearancing the mounts to allow more droop, am I just making this up or have people done this mod? It seems like hacking metal off the axle isn't the best idea, but I'm no expert.

I don't really plan on lifting it much more, at the most I would add an MJ shackle and .5" spacer up front to total 2.75" of lift, and don't really want to replace LCA's, but is there a replacement LCA option that would work well with this small of a lift and give me more clearance at the mounts? How much adjustment do adjustables have?

we (when i say we i mean silverslk, i just watched lol) cut that bit back about an inch. be ready to go through a couple cutting disks, its pretty thick steel, and IIRC its a couple layers thick.

here i found a pic, you can see we cut the whole front off that bracket. no problems so far :D
CIMG3837.jpg

Back