• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RenoFest 2020 - Official Thread

cj_mike

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
RenoFest 2020 – Official Thread!

Please post up if you’re going along with your desired camping, dinner and shirts, including sizes! Feel free to PM me as well and I’ll post a weekly update with who I have going.

Note: We need an official headcount by April 30th to ensure our shirt order is processed on time! If you don’t RSVP before this date, we can’t guarantee you a shirt.

Also Note: With the COVID-19 aka Coronavirus shutdown, the Davis Creek campground is currently closed until April 18th but currently expected to be back to full operations by May and thus Reno Fest is currently on track! If the situation changes we’ll receive a call per discussion with a campground representative today and be given an option to reschedule if possible. The BOD will post updates as they come in with the ever changing COVID-19 situation.

At the Davis Creek Campground, this year we have the group site which requires some hiking. Our reservation is starting Thursday, May 21st, ending Monday, May 25th to head home. You have to hike your stuff uphill about 50 yards from the parking area but not bad.. for 2021 we're hoping to get the better RV site again.

Pricing:
Camping:
Red Name: $45 per tent for the full weekend
Non-Red Name: $20/night – become a Red Name member before the trip and only pay Red Name price!

Dinner: Instead of a BBQ, this year we’ll have dinner at a local pizza place
Dinner Cost: $10 per adult, kids free

Shirts: $20/shirt – please send your sizes to CJ_Mike or post here.

Weather:
Some years its very hot in the 90s, some years it rains all weekend and never gets warm or dry, last year it snowed going over highway 80 on Sunday night/Monday morning - be prepared for all of the above.

Thursday May 21st:
Optional pre game Night run TBD but use the day to arrive, set up camp and relax if desired.

Friday May 22nd:
Prison Hill starts Leave Davis creek between 3pm-4pm, recommended to get to camp earlier on Friday.
Those who arrive Thursday – make an optional day run somewhere or just hang around camp.

Saturday May 23rd:
Spanish Springs trails, easy and a hard run in two groups. Will be eating lunch and dinner in spanish springs and wheeling as long as we can this day.

Sunday May 24th:
Knucklebuster or Bronco Canyon run.

Trails are subject to change and all attendees subject to NAXJA safety requirements and other basic requirements noted here: https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1141401

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask and looking forward to seeing you all at the end of May! :cheers:

Last edited:
Maybe we can keep in touch with the campground as far as if the RV group cancel that we want to automatically take their spot this year.

I'm there.
1 tent, 2 shirts, 2 dinners

Are we doing men's and women's shirts this year or just men's to keep it simple?

(Also might want to edit the Sunday trail name. Knucklebuster I thought was what the trail was called. (PS, that's my vote)

Maybe we can keep in touch with the campground as far as if the RV group cancel that we want to automatically take their spot this year.

I'm there.
1 tent, 2 shirts, 2 dinners

Are we doing men's and women's shirts this year or just men's to keep it simple?

(Also might want to edit the Sunday trail name. Knucklebuster I thought was what the trail was called. (PS, that's my vote)

Yes, I'm keeping that in mind as well! However the RV site is a little more per night but if we get enough registrations and its available I'd think we can swing it.

As for shirts - men's and women's sizes! I remember the Sierra Fest women's shirts being a little different, like a small really being 'extra small' and a medium like a small.

Yes, I'm keeping that in mind as well! However the RV site is a little more per night but if we get enough registrations and its available I'd think we can swing it.

As for shirts - men's and women's sizes! I remember the Sierra Fest women's shirts being a little different, like a small really being 'extra small' and a medium like a small.

Yeah thats a good point casey made, if that site cancels, tell the FS that we want to be next on the list Its worth every penny since the Hike in site sorta blows but its better than nothing.

1 tent

1 mens XL shirt

1 pizza Dinner

1 tent

1 Large men’s shirt
1 xl women’s shirt

1 pizza dinner

Hey All, here's who I have noted as going thus far - some more information is needed on some shirts, please feel free to PM me and see below who I'd need more info from and also please confirm I have all correctly noted below, if not please let me know!

cj_mike: 1 camp spot, 3 shirts, 3 dinners
Nates2000XJ: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner
Goose_XJ88: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner - Please PM me shirt sizes
Alboy97XJ: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners - Please PM me shirt sizes
GordoSmasho: 2 shirts, 4 dinners
blondejoncherokee: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner
JeepinSeal: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner
89Mock: 1 shirt

Shirt design is done!!!

6f950096cfc0316deb1c0a0d5dac3d0c.png

All noted! Do you think you'll join us for the pizza dinner?

Don’t know. Sunday’s are usually family dinner with my in laws out in Spanish Springs. If it’s a pizza place I’d guess 50/50. I’d bring the wife and toddler if they didn’t want o go to my in laws. Typically dinner with the in laws wins for play time with cousins.

Wait a second. I just saw dinner is Saturday not Sunday. So maybe I’ll show up for dinner. Where are you thinking? Wild garlic/Blind Onion?

Back