• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiators

clean4drxj

NAXJA Forum User
So it’s tire for a radiator replacement(been running the one I bought it with 15 years. Was thinking of upgrading but it seems the mishimoto is out of stock everywhere I look. So I can either go with a stock crappy plastic tank one or csf copper. I would like to be somewhat budget friendly. The engine is stock(internally) but it does have 6” of lift, plated and braced chassis (cage is in the plans) built hp44/9” 5.13’s, atlas 2, 37’s. I live in the northeast. So it gets Hazey/hot/humid and this Jeep gets used for a little bit of everything. What’s the good go to radiator?, stock junk or csf 2 core?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a 2-row brass/copper by TSM (Summit brass/copper), and it was no better than the 1-row aluminum CSF that came with my XJ. In fact, it was worse in some cases. It was a very nicely made radiator, but after that experience, I think aluminum is the way to go, at least for cooling performance.

I've been running a Cold Case (2-row) radiator for a few months now. It definitely cools much better than the 1-row CSF and the TSM 2-row brass/copper. No idea yet on Cold Case longevity. There is a lot of good info on the Cold Case in recent posts in Cal's radiator thread.

I was looking at the Cold Case but that too is currently discontinued as far as I’ve seen..

I don't think its discontinued, but its out of stock at some places. Eastwood has it in stock for $346, but I'd buy it directly from Cold Case or wait for it to be back in stock at Summit.

Yeah, exactly what I meant. I mean I guess I’ll wait because I will be parking it for winter anyway.

I think lots of people are very picky about radiators.
I bought the cheapest aluminum one listed on ebay my jeep runs cold and radiator has held up for 3 or 4 years now. It cost like 130 bucks at the time

I may be the only one with good results

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Ended up non eventful.
Marks headed up the trail in his bone stock xj.

Lockers and small dirt tires winch are planned no lift
d94bb2ba01f5810eb5afd0aac993efa2.jpg
f004a772ed4cc1fbebda1cea2527a96b.jpg

Same deal here, got the cheapest amazon radiator, full welded aluminum for about 130. Changed the fan mounts for my rhd and has worked great for 2 years of mail delivery. The key I think is fully flushing ALL the crap out of the system, then using a good 195 t stat. Holds up for all day stop and go delivery, 100+ heat 500+ pounds of mail.

Yeah when i did radiator i did pump tstat and all hoses at the same time.

Btw i didnt mean those pics to be here.

Back