• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door hinge repair

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Years ago, there was a thread detailing re-welding the hinge to the A pillar. An after market bracket was used. I spent a lot time lookin for that bracket to no avail. I need to fix the upper hinge before it completely separates.
What company sells those brackets? All help are welcome.

Hooligan Off Road sells them. I've used their brackets to repair the hinges on my 95. Takes a little work, but they fit well and do the job. Hardest part was getting the paint off where I needed to weld.
https://www.hooliganoffroad.com/collections/xj

Not sure I'd order from them right now. I placed an order for their weld in slider mounts on September 7th and its been crickets.

Understand there's some material delays but if you can't be bothered to even respond to a customer there's a problem.

Thanks guys. I did see Hooligan offer a fix as well T-Mfab who received some very negative reviews. I noticed Chrysler did offer a fix in the past. Not sure if they still do. That part number now seem to lead to something completely different. That part number was discussed years ago on NAXJA.

If no one else have an offering, I will go with Hooligan. I have a feelin it may be a long lead, low priority item. :phone:

Not sure I'd order from them right now. I placed an order for their weld in slider mounts on September 7th and its been crickets.

Understand there's some material delays but if you can't be bothered to even respond to a customer there's a problem.

Just an update on this- appears to have shipped yesterday. Communication was still meh, but at least the part is on its way.

For what it's worth, I just ordered a set of the plates from T-MFab in September, and got them pretty quick.

For what it's worth, I just ordered a set of the plates from T-MFab in September, and got them pretty quick.

I wanted to place an order but I am having problems getting the XJ to run. Just completed a 200 mile trip and it quit 5 miles after leaving home to get groceries.
If their service have improved I will definitely look a second time at their offering.

My thread https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1163382

Last edited:
Back