• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is Coming?

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
For all the curious readers that haven't been to this event I just want to say this is a premier fun event that the whole family can participate in. If you can only get one event in this one should be considered.

Now that it's been hyped, regretfully say I'll miss this annual event for the 1st time. :tears:
That weekend will be away in Florida with the 3 grand children.

I know Boatwrench is tied up, but I am going to try to come.

I will be there......not just because I have to. I really enjoy it. I am excited to head back to the Uinta moutains again. Looking forward to the snow to melt so we can start placing caches.

For all the curious readers that haven't been to this event I just want to say this is a premier fun event that the whole family can participate in. If you can only get one event in this one should be considered.

Now that it's been hyped, regretfully say I'll miss this annual event for the 1st time. :tears:
That weekend will be away in Florida with the 3 grand children.

Florida in august? That sounds...hot. I think the uintas sounds much cooler

How do i find out more info because i'd love to go! :)

How do i find out more info because i'd love to go! :)

What info are you looking for? I can give you a brief description or you can look at the past events.

geostash 08

We would love to have you. We should get some more information on here soon.

Just where it is, how much, how long, what do we do. I've never been to a NAXJA event before so i really don't know what to expect.:rof:

Just where it is, how much, how long, what do we do. I've never been to a NAXJA event before so i really don't know what to expect.:rof:

I'm hoping someone gets and infor page up soon but I will give you a short description...

We base camp at Sliders ranch which is about 15 miles south of Evanston Wy on Hwy 150.

In the mountains surrounding that area there will be 20 caches hidden full of playing cards. Each cache will have a set of GPS coords. The idea is to dig a card out of five or more caches and make a poker hand. On Saterday we have a big dinner and compare poker hands. Then we have some very nice prizes to give away. Last year every single poker hand got some sort of prize.

You don't need to have a GPS either, you can buddy up with someone who does.

Here is a link to our 2007 Geostash. There you will find all the info of that event which will pretty much be the same as this year.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187

Last edited:
Well unfortunately not I. Could not get the time off of work. I was really looking forward to another adventure back there.

Anyone who can get the time off should really try and come to this event. It is a lot of fun.

Will the people unable to attend be able to buy a hand or 2?

Mary

I am going to be out of town (flying out to Michigan for 10 days to be up in the upper peninsula)

I was really looking forward to this one ( I was actually going to have MT tires, a CB and even perhaps a GPS.....)

If my Jeep is still in working condition (9 day expedition planned for Aug 1-9) I will try to make it up there for the weekend....but I cannot commit until the week before....but I really want to get up there this year, and that weekend is free for me

You should. It would be good to see your ugly mug and we can show you a good time. Promise.

Back