• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another... Build thread for an xj on 40s and one tons in norcal

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
TBD

Im grabbing this one at 8am tomorrow swapping parts and bringing it to rubicon

You will today

do 60 front. Hi steer. hydro assist, 5.38s, spooled, knuckles cut and turned. 3 linked.
14bolt rear 5.38s detroit, narrowed.
40" MTRs that need to be replaced.
nice interior
cold AC
nice newer smittybult 9500 winch, and synthetic line

smogged, I jsut regd it and insured it while on my lunch break.

doors open and interior is great.

That thing is clean! I dig it.

Nice!!! I can see why you wanted to switch rigs!!
Are we parting put another xj?! I'm sure I can use parts lol

Last edited:
I was wondering who was going to pick that one up! too bad about that rear axle being narrowed. great looking rig man can't wait to see it on the trails.

CA law says if 50% of the tire is covered you don't need mud flaps I guess. not sure if thats true. or maybe it was fender flares. I dunno. I like it narrowed in the rear.

Nice!!! I can see why you wanted to switch rigs!!
Are we parting put another xj?! I'm sure I can use parts lol

yeah. I am keeping a lot for the MJ XJ but will be selling axles , tires, and a lot more.

CA law says if 50% of the tire is covered you don't need mud flaps I guess. not sure if thats true. or maybe it was fender flares. I dunno. I like it narrowed in the rear.

yeah supposedly one or the other. needs flares (all tread coverd) or flaps. I've never been bothered for lacking either.. yet. I haven't read through all the codes let me know if you find specifics

Back