• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to WA state

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
Hi all!
Long story short, had to move out of the house I have been living in for the last decade.
As most know, it is expensive to live in CA.
That said, will most likely be relocating to Vancouver, WA area.

Not looking to buy, can't afford much of anything currently.
Was wondering if any of you might know of places available to rent, better areas to live in, etc.
It will be just me and my gf, no pets.

Budget is not big. Prefer to have some kind of storage/garage/shop, basement
Need parking for 3-4 vehicles. Thanks in advance.

Let us know when you get up here, it would be cool to do a meet and greet!!

As far as locations, Portland and Vancouver rental rates are skyrocketing, supply simply isn’t there for the demand, You and seven million other Californians are coming up here faster than they can build homes.

Avoid Southeast/northeast Portland. And I would also say avoid up north, like Longview/Kelso, other than that, Kalama, Woodland, Battle ground are all decent small towns to look at, Camas/Washougal arnt terrible either

Seriously tho, a basic 2 bedroom house will run you $1500-2000/mo. Apartments are maybe 10% less

If you mean, want to buy new guns at or less than msrp, with standard cap mags. And being able to have ammo shipped directly to my home from the interweb and not have to find legal loopholes. For sure!
Hope you come up as a pro gun, non-liberal!
Some good places to wheel and shoot up here.

I was in Spokane last week. Looks like WA is 420 friendly as well.

Spokane area house prices are a lot more reasonable, not sure how rent is. We bought a house up there last fall, well two shops, some acreage and a house. :) The Right side of the state is a lot more Good Ole Boy, but there isn't the wheelin areas right here, gotta travel to the Cascades a few hours away. Yes Spokane has it's share of pot shops. like on every block it seems.

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.
My gf's vehicle is currently in her mom's name, and her mom is signing the title over to her.
Is this an acceptable document to get vehicle reg'd in WA? Or does it need to be in her/my name prior for this to happen.

Back