• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So tomorrow I am bombing a church in AL/MS...

Ok not really, but I am flying low level visual navigation routes in training right now, and the target on my first route tomorrow is a church near hattiesburg, my final fix before inbound is the middle chicken ranch out of a set of three south westish of the church. Just in case anyone lives near there. time on target is like 10ish, T-6a Texan2, blue on bottom white on top.

thought that was kinda funny, my target on the second leg is the I65 overpass just above Bay Minette Airfield northeast of Mobile Bay.

I wish I knew who set these routes up, another one will be a walmart later this week.

Last edited:
that's kinda funny... so you want someone to go out there and wave at ya about 10ish??? lol...

i'm sure you won't be able to... but pics of the "targets" would be cool... i never get to take pics from the sky :)

You are one lucky guy.

that's kinda funny... so you want someone to go out there and wave at ya about 10ish??? lol...

i'm sure you won't be able to... but pics of the "targets" would be cool... i never get to take pics from the sky :)

I wish we could take some pictures, they gave us a cd with a bunch of aerial views so we know what we are looking for, but, most of them are pretty outdated. There has been a major hurricane through since then, and a lot of the areas have gone through some pretty significant development as well.

So you are in the airforce?

your thread title screems...i want attention!
Scarry...

Last edited:
So they got you scoping out a chicken ranch and a Wal-mart? You could get some sweet 'People of Walmart' pics from up there :D

your thread title screems...i want attention!
Scarry...

Not really, I was just planning the flight and decided to take a break. I got a kick out of it, I thought someone else might as well. What fun is a nonsense thread if it does not have a funny title.

So they got you scoping out a chicken ranch and a Wal-mart? You could get some sweet 'People of Walmart' pics from up there :D

Yea, surprisingly you really don't notice people from this high, 2000'. And that church was a bitch to find. Some of the "roads" on the chart we were looking at are not much more than a dirt path or a small logging road in the trees.

Not really, I was just planning the flight and decided to take a break. I got a kick out of it, I thought someone else might as well. What fun is a nonsense thread if it does not have a funny title.

Then it's only half as much fun.

Yea, surprisingly you really don't notice people from this high, 2000'. And that church was a bitch to find. Some of the "roads" on the chart we were looking at are not much more than a dirt path or a small logging road in the trees.

Too bad, I'm sure they notice you. We get a few jets that fly out over us, but Campbell is mainly for helicopters. I don't think anyone here even has a jet.

Sounds like you had fun, though; nothing better than a challenge.

That sounds awsome!

Still @ 2000 feet, I bet you get some lookers going, "What the he**!!!!"

This is where it gets interesting. Training to be a backseater/weapons operator/nfo whatever you want to call it. For the AF, I am part of the last few Air Force students going through the Navy pipeline. Hoping to fly the strike eagle, F15e.

Navy guys are cool, weird, but good guys.

Are you going to go through Air University?

no, eventually I might try to get through there for my masters. This is just normal training.

I have a good friend in the Navy. He is definitely weird and cool.

yea, for the most part that about sums it up. Granted it could very well sum me up as well, I don't know.

You know, I've always heard that people who are insane don't actually *know* they're insane. Must work the same in this situation, too.

:cheers:

Back