• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog 2016 - November 5 - Announcement

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
It is with great excitement that the SEC Board of Directors announce the plans for the Annual 2016 Fall Flog which will happen on Saturday November 5, 2016.

Rather than pick one park and hope for some participation, this year we are going to do the "Fall Flog: A Day on the Trails."

We are looking for up to 5 Southeastern Chapter members to arrange a group ride at a local park. Our goal is to get a lot of our people out on the trails on the same day across the Southeast. We will provide each organizer a thread in the Southeast Chapter Forum to make arrangements, communicate with other participants, and coordinate the event.

At each of the parks that we have a Fall Flog in place, the Southeast Chapter will provide the trail coordinator $100 in Chapter Funds to help with the event. The funds are to be used to boost attendance - providing food for a cook out, paying for trail fees, etc.

At the end of the event weekend, we will be starting a "Fall Flog Day on the Trails" picture thread and there will be a prize package for the best photo of the day. The prize package will include a new SEC t-shirt, SEC hoodie, and SEC logo sticker if the winner is a red letter member. If the winner is a black letter user, they have the option of buying a NAXJA membership and receiving the whole package. If not, the package for the "user" will not include the hoodie.

As well, we will encourage each of the groups to be policing the trails and public spots where you are riding, and picking up trash. At the end of the event, on the photo thread, the group should post a picture with all the trash they collected during the day. We'll be sending a cash donation to the park where the most trash was collected to help their management with trail maintenance.

If you are interested in organizing a trail ride, please post in this thread the park you are interested in organizing an event and a BOD member will contact you back channel to discuss further.

I vote that Uwharrie be one of the locations. I can organize the event for this location, or if another member of the SEC would like to that is fine as well.

I'm in Knoxville if anyone is interested in Windrock. I'd only be up for mild trails because my only jeep now is a stock jku. I'd also be up for more scenic type ride through somewhere in the national park such as Cade's Cove.

It's been a while since I've been on the trails. I think my last time was the flog in 09 where several of us spent most of the night on trail 39 in Windrock.

I can lead a ride on Potts Mountain in SW VA that day if there is enough interest.

I will note though, this is in the middle of hunting season and Potts Mountain Jeep trail runs through the JNF and hunters use it to access hunting spots! I normally do not run the trail on Saturdays during hunting season, we run on Sundays instead. But others do still run it on Saturdays so its not the end of the world.

All vehicles that run the trail have to be tagged, insured, and if your state requires it, inspected.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Any Florida jeepers care to make a suggestion? All other suggested location will be 6+ hours one way for me.

Florida ride? We could do the B-pit and Hardrock in ocala? I'll have my xj and my daughters ready to ride by then.

Do it Travis! I'm not sure where I will go yet. If there is a URE Ride I will probably end up there.

Good start!

Tim, can we count on you to take the reigns of the Uwharrie trip?

Jess, how about you organizing and pushing one at Windrock? I think that is a better option than Cades Cove, as it is a little closer for the guys in middle TN that might want to run.

Yellow or Techno, either of you want to spearhead the Ocala ride?

We have room for 2 more rides. Anything in SC? Anyone in KY? North AL maybe?

Trailrider, you seem a little unsure of getting something off the ground at Potts. Any more thought on if you want to try to make this one work?

Let me know guys and I'll get a thread started on these three locations for certain.

I am just up the road from Ocala on Blanding BLVD inside the I-295 beltway. I have wheeled at Ocala a few times. Not much else around these parts. Other areas have plenty of mud which I try to avoid.

Ocala will work for me unless someone else have another idea.

SC would limit it to Gulches or Broken Nut.

Good start!

Tim, can we count on you to take the reigns of the Uwharrie trip?

Jess, how about you organizing and pushing one at Windrock? I think that is a better option than Cades Cove, as it is a little closer for the guys in middle TN that might want to run.

Yellow or Techno, either of you want to spearhead the Ocala ride?

We have room for 2 more rides. Anything in SC? Anyone in KY? North AL maybe?

Trailrider, you seem a little unsure of getting something off the ground at Potts. Any more thought on if you want to try to make this one work?

Let me know guys and I'll get a thread started on these three locations for certain.

I'd be happy to locally coordinate, but I'd like if someone who has been there more recently with better knowledge of the trail conditions lead the group on the trails.

We could get cabz and 043500 to ride too I bet.

At the very least cookout and bonfire. It may be down in the 80's which is cold enough for most Floridians to start a fire.

Or...maybe even a cruise in a Steak N Shake or Sonic? or all of the above.

Yup, i'll gladly take charge of the Uwharrie event. Gives me a reason to get off my ass and fix the Jeep already!

Hey folks, I have a seperate ride in the works for that same weekend at Aetna Mountain Adventures in Chattanooga, TN. I could easily wrap some NAXJA folks into the fold and make it an even bigger event if you're interested.

Yes, I sure will.

So, we have 3 locations in place - looking like Uwharrie is going to be the biggie, with a pretty good turn out in central Florida also.

Looking for more interest in the Aetna Mountain run - and we have room for a couple more if anyone wants to arrange something at a local park.

Tennessee people - what are you thinking? Aetna Mountain - or something more central/north like Golden Mountain, LBL, or Windrock?

Back