• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Bilstein is best for me????

Nealio240z

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89' xj 6.5" long arm. d44/d30 on 33's bumpers, armor, and built for crawling. 10" travel rear/ 12" travel front. Im debating in the 5125 series or the 5150's. What valving should I choose? I have read that the 5125 is for "occaisional" off road use- but I see them wheeling all the time. Anyone have any real experience or suggestions?

So should I spend the extra $20 each and get the 5150's then? The last shocks I ran were "rouch country" so my opinion is limited. Thanks again!!!

i have the 5125s, i like them, but i plan to upgrade the front to 5160s and the rear to 5150s

I also run the 5150's just did 9000km (1 month trip to the Northern tip of Australia) with 3000km on the dirt and serious corrugations. The 5150's got hot but not so hot you couldn't hold your hand on them, others in the group running shocks without the resevoir were so hot you couldn't touch them without getting burnt. The 5150's were great on the high speed bumps, corrugations and also great crawling even with the weight of the 35's and a fully load Jeep (1 month on the road for this trip)

Cheers
Steve

I also run the 5150's just did 9000km (1 month trip to the Northern tip of Australia) with 3000km on the dirt and serious corrugations. The 5150's got hot but not so hot you couldn't hold your hand on them, others in the group running shocks without the resevoir were so hot you couldn't touch them without getting burnt. The 5150's were great on the high speed bumps, corrugations and also great crawling even with the weight of the 35's and a fully load Jeep (1 month on the road for this trip)

Cheers
Steve
I think this post sums up the performance of the piggyback resi 5150's

How do you like it? Hows it perform offroad? onroad?
5150's are the best bang for the buck, if this rig was dedcated for strictly offroad use I woulda went for the 7100 (rebuildable). but the 5150's serve me well and are far better than a twintube.

Back