• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 engine compartment wiring harness

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone supply them?

This isn't looking promising. Yesterday I called the dealership and they said those have been discontinued. I got the part # and have searched the net with all sites saying the same thing! Not Good!!!

You’re probably looking at a used one. Car-part.com and Hollander parts . I like hollander because you can see how long it’s been on a shelf, could be decades. I got 1986 engine harness from a JY that had it on a shelf since 2003, he was ready to make a deal to get rid of it.
Might keep an eye on eBay maybe a NOS will pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've been searching online, at the P-n-P's, and Craiglist with no luck. In the mean time I've been spending all my time seeing what could be done to make a new harness.

1st new problem is to find diagrams and pin-outs that actually agree. I finally found and ordered some ECU connectors, if that pans out I will order the balance of the connectors and wire!

Yea :party: I scored a 2000 used harness off Craigslist for 800$. It was attached to a complete running XJ!

Last night I p/u the Ebay harness! The new Jeep is exactly the same color as mine and would have made a nice donor vehicle for parts, but it's just to nice. It has 3" OME springs, ACOS, JKS tracker, RE control arms, and 31x10.50's on Gambler rims!

Well I took a chance, the harness was delivered today. It's for a "Cali" Jeep, I think it still might work since my ECU isn't looking for the extra inputs.

In the mean time I need to get the new Jeep on the road so I have another means of transportation in case mine is down long!

The ones that go to the downpipe location, the pre-cats are mounted high and are fed from the injector rail harness, but that still will be confirmed thru a "point to point" ring out of the entire harness !!!

The ones that go to the downpipe location, the pre-cats are mounted high and are fed from the injector rail harness, but that still will be confirmed thru a "point to point" ring out of the entire harness !!!
I have the complete wiring diagram and ECU pin-out chart.

Well I took a chance, the harness was delivered today. It's for a "Cali" Jeep, I think it still might work since my ECU isn't looking for the extra inputs.

In the mean time I need to get the new Jeep on the road so I have another means of transportation in case mine is down long!

Oi. That sucks, they definitely didn’t mention that in the description.
Hope you can still use it like you’re thinking.

Congratulations on finding such a good jeep for “parts” . why did they sell it so cheap? For that kind of money I’d think I would be rusted out.

correct, but don't you need an upstream and a downstream -- you don't have front and rear bank o2 sensors -- I'm just curious what "bank" your PCM will be looking for -- I guess you just need to figure out the pin out at the PCM then figure out what sensor input relates to that place on the PCM connector

Ok looks like I found it -- just checked the wiring diagrams on Pro Demand -- Both cali and non cali versions are represented

Federal emissions upstream connector should have the following 4 wire colors:
Dark Green, Black, Brown/Yellow, Black/Dark Green

The downstream connector should have:
Violet/Orange, Black, Brown/Yellow, Tan/White

Pay close attention, The 2 cali connectors share most of the same color scheme -- Just a solid Tan instead of Tan/White for the 2nd downstream and Light green/red instead of black/ Dark Green for the 2nd upstream

Congratulations on finding such a good jeep for “parts” . why did they sell it so cheap? For that kind of money I’d think I would be rusted out.

I originally went to look at it for parting out! The OP was rear ended by a Dodge Truck and thus he rear ended a Scion.
The lift gate and glass, bumper, and taillights were wasted in the rear!
The front bumper, header and grille, A/C condenser, radiator/upper suport also were wasted!

But it was still worth fixing so I would have a second vehicle.

What's already been collected:\

Liftgate/glass (used Canary Yellow)
A/C condenser (new)
Radiator (new), radiator support (ebay)
E-fan (new)
Taillights (Quadratec)
Paint (local)

What I'm waiting to be delivered:

Header panel, grille, and headlight kit (Crown)
Front and rear bumpers (Dirt Bound-DIY)

Ok looks like I found it -- just checked the wiring diagrams on Pro Demand -- Both cali and non cali versions are represented
Federal emissions upstream connector should have the following 4 wire colors:
Dark Green, Black, Brown/Yellow, Black/Dark Green
The downstream connector should have:
Violet/Orange, Black, Brown/Yellow, Tan/White
Pay close attention, The 2 cali connectors share most of the same color scheme -- Just a solid Tan instead of Tan/White for the 2nd downstream and Light green/red instead of black/ Dark Green for the 2nd upstream

Your colors are correct. Between Haynes, J-Tec, and Mopar I have the diagrams, the wire colors, the wire size, and the ECU pin-outs! I still plan on making a completely new "flameproof" harness but sourcing the parts isn't easy. I finally located the ECU 32-pin connectors/pigtails and bought 6 of them(Mopar), the pin terminals used are AMP SS 1.0.

Well things are not going good, my header panel is on backorder(6 wks) and I have most of the new XJ torn apart. I have to have something together in 5 weeks for towing my trailer to my week at Nascar. So I will have to attempt the wiring harness on my old 2000 this weekend without a spare vehicle!

Ouch. Guess if worse comes to worse, strip the engine harness out of the new part vehicle or borrow the parts from the good body XJ to get the new parts XJ on the road.

Back