• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Trip Report June 21, 2008

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
This is where we can post pix and any comments about the run :)

I will have pix loaded tonight and should get a copy of the pix Dave took some time this week.....

Thank's for coordinating this run, I had a most excellent time. Great bunch of guys! I look forward to wheelin' with you all again in the future...if you'll have me. I'll post up any worthy pictures that Rich took as soon as they are available.
Ed

Sorry we missed the trip, We got suckered into driving Fordyce Creek from Eagel lakes to Cisco Grove , Made it with a few battel scars but I think Deer valley would have been a better tari to cut my teeth on.

Jes said:
Dude, pull the string!
No kidding!

But it really was some good pucker, there was a big hole on the passenger side, and the video never shows how . .

OK, I know, I know

Last edited:
XJensen said:
I had a great time on the trails and the breakfast burritos were worth the trip alone, thanks Mark.

I will get some pics up a little later.

No problem :) It was great to meet you and your dad. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Yeah GREAT trip!

I enjoyed meeting everyone and the wheeling was good. Those that did not do Slick Rock missed out! It is such a scenic trail with a couple nice obstacles. We took some good pics of it and some videos. I should have a few up in a day or two. (Sorry for the delay - back to work and it sucks!)

And now for some pics. here is what I have so far....

This was my first time on this trail and it was a great trail with an even better group. Thanks again to Mark for setting everything up and it was great to meet everyone there.

We started the trip with a little hang up. It was pretty amazing what Harlee did on 30" tires.
IMG_0200.jpg

Heading up the hill
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

The trail was packed with some amazing landscapes and views
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

A short climb up a wedge hill
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Trail line up
IMG_0248.jpg

Rock garden just before the south water crossing
IMG_0267.jpg

South water crossing
IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

A few of us went on to the Nothern water crossing
Opie in Phil's green junk
IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

I remember the rock Letterman was playing I spotted as we went by.

XJensen said:
It was pretty amazing what Harlee did on 30" tires.
IMG_0200.jpg
Funny I get stuck after tip-toeing through this the evening before loaded with 2 nights worth of wood.
Probably would have been more amazing with out such a nervous passenger.:wow: :puke:
I'm definately going to have to run Slickrock next trip!
I recived my CB stuff today (only a week late) I'll be able to communicate now.
Can't wait for next year!:party:

Back