• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wet TPS/Throttle Position Sensor...

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
While it didn't fix my problem (I think I've finally lost a SYNC sensor,) I thought I'd share this in case you manage to get your TPS wet.

Why'd I think it was soaked? Because my emissions lines weren't glued well, and I had to clean everything (Simple Green and hose water.) I tried to avoid the throttle body, and I think I did a fairly good job, but I just wanted to be sure.

If you get your TPS all wet, set your oven to heat to 225-250*. That's just hot enough to boil off all the water.

Put your TPS on a pie pan or some other convenient metal sheet (to protect from direct heat, and spread it out,) and let the oven reach FULL temperature.

Once that's done, put the TPS in, on the sheet, for 60-90 seconds (it don't take long...)

Allow it to cool to room temperature before you reinstall. That heat for that short a time should not deform the plastic (it hasn't for me,) and should not cause any internal trouble (I checked.) Reinstall per FSM procedure.

Consider yourself edified...

5-90

Back