• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've got a surprise!!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
First of all... HUGE thanks to Jeff (Squirrel80) for giving me 14 hours of his time yesterday and busting his ass with me to work on my project on super short notice! I can't tell you how much it means to me... I love NAXJA!

Also huge thanks go to Dan Turner @ Loose Nuts Enterprises for getting me my RE springs at an awesome deal, TNT, Tom @ T&J's, Jason @ Rough Country, and thethe guys from RJROffroad for busting ass and getting product to me on time. Everybody I talked to I stressed how quickly I needed the parts, and they all showed up by Thursday... I ordered on Monday! I couldn't have gotten this done without the help of NAXJA.

So yea, you're probably wondering right about now... I guess I get to drop the ball. Grimm and I worked out a deal, and I ended up with his MJ. So don't get mad, at least it's staying in the family. I had to get it done before the December 5th toys for tots race out in Barstow though, which left me only this weekend to work on it. As next weekend I'll be on vacation, and the following weekend is the race. So I called up Jeff and asked if he was free this Saturday, he had absolutely no problem with it... his wife might be a different story :laugh:

So we pulled her in and got to work!

IMG_0893.jpg

Once we had her in the air we started stripping her down!

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Notice it looks like a bomb went off under the thing haha. So we took the front axle out, and get her all cleaned up, with the help of some degreaser and a pressure washer

IMG_0896.jpg

After we got it clean it was time to cut off the stock lower shock mounts, add some Currie LCA mini skids (Thanks Tom@T&J's!) and also some new shock mounts.

IMG_0903.jpg

While we let that cool down we set it aside and started to work on the TNT U-Bolt Eliminator spring over axle flip. We dropped the axle and started the flip. Now... before I get any crap about the D35, I know it's a pile. It's not staying, this is a temporary fix. It's getting an MJ D44 and Deaver spring unders... But for now:

IMG_0900.jpg

Then we got the front end put back together, so we could put weight on it and see get her at ride height so we could set the pinion angle. Jeff has some awesome tricks for this. You can also see the upper bar pin eliminator chongas... (not really sure what they're called, shock conversions?)

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

Once we got all that set up we added all the finishing touches. Jeff bent me up some new hard lines in the rear, we put the new front brake lines on, torqued everything down and put the wheels back on. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, as it took us all day to do this. But I'm really impressed with how much we actually got done.

IMG_0910.jpg

Don't mind the tie straps, I didn't have a track bar with me or shocks, so I strapped it all down so it didn't move too much, and trailered it home. I'll have wheels, tires, shocks, and trac bar soon! Here she is all safe and sound at home

IMG_0912.jpg

I can only imagine where this is gonna go!

Thumbs up!

lookin good, glad to see the truck is sticking around

Awesome Jim!! We need it ready for the Toys for Tots race... it looks like we will be all over the place, the course is up and it is a kind of cool race.

Looks great Jim. Sorry I couldn't offer any better advice about the brake lines.

You can take Grimm's place as SoCal MJs Member #10. :D

Hahaha thanks everybody, I'm stoked. But no it's not getting beamed. This is staying mild and DD'able as my XJ turns more and more un-street friendly. I'll still drive my XJ everywhere, I just needed a pick up for hauling my bike around etc.

what shocks are going in?

if its something big, those upper adapters wont work!

12" fox 2.0's up front, why won't the adapter work?

Awesome Jim!! We need it ready for the Toys for Tots race... it looks like we will be all over the place, the course is up and it is a kind of cool race.

It'll definitely be ready, I think I'm going to need to lengthen the driveshaft, it seems a bit short, but I haven't been able to drive her yet since I don't have my trac bar or shocks on. Tell yikes I'm ready when he is. :D

i want it back now. .!.:D.!.

Not after the way I saw that car leave tonight ;) Pics soon nig!

Dam if you guys did this at jeffs , you should have called me..Hell i'm only around the corner, give or take 15 miles..LOoks good

Thanks Scott, I didn't even think about it, I'll definitely give you a jingle next time. We were just so focused all damn day!

Looks great Jim. Sorry I couldn't offer any better advice about the brake lines.

You can take Grimm's place as SoCal MJs Member #10. :D

No worries, I figured out a way to get it to work for now haha. And thanks! I'll happily take that spot :D

Back