• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CALICO PICTURE THREAD

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I would start this.

There were a ton of people there. I was running late, but still caught up with the group. I ran with the smaller (early) group. We ran Odessa and Doran (Upper).

All pics are here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xj7ztxt.bt4xjjdh&x=0&y=-4vikgt

I will post up some other pics in a short while. Got to get our son ready for bed.

A little carnage, but nothing major in our group. IMORTL (Ken) lead the group and did a great job getting us through the canyons.

It was awesome meeting new folks and seeing old friends. Unfortunately I did not get to meet or say hello to everyone.

I did get to meet Fish, Tish, Bama, Matt, and few others.

Enjoy the pics. I am sure there will be ton more to follow as we had to split into 2 groups and several of us left early and could not stay for the diner and hanging out.

Can't wait til' next ear at Calico....

PICT0214.jpg

PICT0208.jpg

PICT0198.jpg

Damage to Rick's rig: Why do we need rock rails???

PICT0260.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

Look for more in a little while!

Swiiiiinng and a hit!

Who was that on Lower Doran?

Robert.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Sucks i had to work and miss it. You have the cutest kid btw.

Once again, I had a GREAT time. At this point, any free time is precious, but I always have a good time at NAXJA Events… I apologize for having a let’s get going attitude… but I only had a set amount of time as I had to be home by 5:00 with traffic…

That being said, I think we had a great group. Open/Open (Fish & Tish) were very impressive on the trail. I’d like to think it was my pointing out the line, but some how I think I was in his way and he was humoring me… he made the trail look easy…

We made good time and got back early enough to watch the guy tear up a nice XJ…

See for yourself…

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=hrp3w2v.5wfn0vrj&Uy=-7ymfha&Ux=0

sintax said:
Robert.
Looks like you guys had a great time. Sucks i had to work and miss it. You have the cutest kid btw.

We had a blast. Maybe one day we will together again... It's only been what, 2.5 years...LOL

Thanks for the comment on our boy. We think so too....

IMORTL said:
Once again, I had a GREAT time. At this point, any free time is precious, but I always have a good time at NAXJA Events… I apologize for having a let’s get going attitude… but I only had a set amount of time as I had to be home by 5:00 with traffic…

That being said, I think we had a great group. Open/Open (Fish & Tish) were very impressive on the trail. I’d like to think it was my pointing out the line, but some how I think I was in his way and he was humoring me… he made the trail look easy…

See for yourself…

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=hrp3w2v.5wfn0vrj&Uy=-7ymfha&Ux=0

Thanks again for leading, Ken. I am am glad you made it home with time to spare.

Just for the record, the pic with my Jeep and the strap was me pulling Elias off of a rock, not me needing the tug...:spin1:

dam that looked like a blast....i gotta start getting out joinin' ya guys on these runs:D!

Great time out there on the trail. It was nice to put a few faces to the names on the board. The trail that Ken lead us on was awsome, and the hurry up and go thing Ken worked out just fine, I was able to take Tish over to the Phillips Loop trail and let her wheel, she did a couple of laps getting her more comfortable behind the wheel. Robert, Ken, Elias, Matt, Josh and every one else thanks for the good time.

Oh and Ken it would of been a flawless run if I didn't have to get a tug backwards to correct me line by 6 inches or so. Thx to the guy in the white rig with the wench for the tug. here is the link to the pic's we took

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...post_signin=Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Ux=0

HAHA, Now you got a Dragin' Wagon. Sorry I missed it but I am stuck on duty right now!

It was a fun day.. Everyone in the group was great.. even the dog.

I came home with no body damage, just torn up diff covers.. It was cool to meet new people.

rpraterxj said:
Just for the record, the pic with my Jeep and the strap was me pulling Elias off of a rock, not me needing the tug...:spin1:

Robert, so far, there's no proof that you had to tugged me out.. :laugh3:
All I see in the pics if a strap on your rig.. For all we know, you could have been tugging on a rock.. :laugh3:

Not to say that I got stuck, but..... someone who's doing an obstacle should keep both hands on the wheel, not talk to someone outside the rig, and definitely should not try to focus a video camera mounted on the dash. Also, the radio should be low enough to hear this banging around under the rig.. .... ..
I'm just saying... :looney:

Elias
Eh-lee-us

IMORTL said:

See for yourself…

No worries. Awesome attitude with that size of a group at calico. I think it worked out great because it split up everyone into smaller groups. Even then, it was too slow for some of us in the very back behind an isuzu trooper and a nissan pathfinder. No offense, glad they came. :D

Here's a few pics ...

Tim made it up Lower Doran...without Dana 60s.

IMG_0842.jpg

And Kyung made it up most of the way...without Dana 60s. And Rollins made it up too...without Dana 60s.

IMG_0852.jpg

Rollins and Andy climbing all over Santa.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Awesome view from the top of a very high waterfall.

IMG_0856-1.jpg

Last edited:
xjohnnyc said:
Here's a few pics ...

Tim made it up Lower Doran...without Dana 60s.

IMG_0842.jpg

And Kyung made it up most of the way...without Dana 60s. And Rollins made it up too...without Dana 60s.

IMG_0852.jpg

Rollins and Andy climbing all over Santa.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Awesome view from the top of a very high waterfall.

IMG_0856-1.jpg

4 red x's and one good pic. :shocked:

rpraterxj said:

Yeah yeah. Sure sure. Whatever you say Robert. :repair:

Back