• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EC4WDA Four-Wheel FOOD-DRIVE November 4th

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
When: Saturday November 4th 9AM
Where: 85 Main St, North adams, Ma, main parking lot.

this has gotten bigger every year. open to all wheelers who donate food items. our donation goes to the food bank in North Adams Ma. and we wheel all day.

this years collection will be done right at the food bank/pantry that is run by BCAC (berkshire Community Action Coalition). this years collection will also be advertised in the local media in the area to gain public interest and open the door for PUBLIC DONATIONS as well.
the collection will run from 9 AM to NOON.. but plan to be there at 9AM and ready to depart to the trails around 10 or so.

we will likely have the EC4WDA Raffle Jeep on hand for the last weekend before the drawing for a last shot at selling tickets.
we may do a 50/50 cash raffle to give BCAC a cash donation as well.

ideas for donation:
NON-PERISHABLE canned and boxed foods. (NOTHING REQUIRING REFRIDGERATION)
gift cards for STOP & SHOP or BIG Y supermarkets.
cash will be accepted.
there is no minimum size for a donation but please be as generous as you possibly can be..

remember.. this is to benefit a community that supports us in our sport. be generous.

the way we ran this last year worked well and we will do it the same way again., here are some things to think about ahead of time.

i am NOT making a list of who is coming and cannot "wait" for late arrivals.. so if you are late you may be out of luck.
when you arrive you will be directed to a parking area dictated by your intended trail difficulty.. EASY, Moderate and Difficult will all be parking in different areas.. the lot will be too small for everyone to just park anywhere...
i expcet to have 1 easy, 2 moderate and 1 difficult trail... additional trails will be dictated by attendance.
ACTUAL TRAILS RUN WILL/MAY BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TRAIL LEADERS.
MAKE SURE YOUR RIG IS TRAIL-WORTHY.. TRAIL LEADER HAS FINAL SAY REGARDING SAFETEY EQUIPMENT DEFICIENCIES....

this is a big undertaking and i want to thank everyone in advance for cooperating with us.

please feel free to post this information on any forums you frequent that you dont see it on.

this is a charitable event.. NEVER tell anyone they cant come.

there is a HARD-CORE run taking place in Ct on the same day on some private land. 35s, lockers f/r, and winch are required equipment. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THAT RUN ON CTJEEP.ORG IN THIS THREAD.
http://www.ctjeep.org/ctjeep/viewtopic.php?t=3989

this is the commemorative sticker we will be selling with all proceeds going to BCAC.. probably $1 each

standard.jpg

That's a pretty sweet sticker! Anyway's I was wondering how many people are you expecting? Do you know what the easy trail is going to be like? I have a stock Jeep (Suspension wise) and was just curious if I could make the trail?

Billfaceeee said:
That's a pretty sweet sticker! Anyway's I was wondering how many people are you expecting? Do you know what the easy trail is going to be like? I have a stock Jeep (Suspension wise) and was just curious if I could make the trail?

last year on a foggy rainy day we drew in 47 rigs, but i am not trying to take a head count ahead of time. we will have trails avaiable for ALL levels of rig and driver ability. i already know of 2 stock XJs and a Yota dealer os sending a new FJ cruiser full of food that they will wheel on the easy trail too.

I was planning on attending untill I found out it would take five hours to get there or 275 Miles..shoot

here is a better description of the meeting place.

the address is 85 main st.north adams ma, but the collection is in the Center st parking lot. center st runs parralel to Rt 2 and you cant miss the parking lot. you can see the 85 main st building directly across Rt 2 from the Big Y supermarket. i belive the entrance to the parking lot is off of Eagle St.

look at this mapquest page and you will see what i mean.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...85+main+st&city=north+adams&state=ma&zipcode=

here are a few last minute bits that will help us out.
when you enter the parking area you will be directed to a parking area that is designated by the level of trail difficulty you desire. actual trails run will be pre-planned but are at the discgretion of the trail leaders. difficulty levels are Easy, Moderate, and Difficult. Easy will be geared toward stock vehicles.
Difficult trail REQUIRED EQUIPMENT is 33s and 1 locker. anything smaller will require more equipment AND FINAL DECISION REMAINS WITH THE TRAIL LEADER.

please park with your group BEFORE you head to the donation table. it will keep the congestion to a minimum.
please have all your saftey/recovery equipment with you.

we will have 50 / 50 raffle tickets and commemorative stickers for sale, with proceeds going to BCAC as a cash donation.

last year we pulled in nearly 50 rigs and we hope to have a similar showing this year.

thanks! and hope to see you all there.

Sorry, I would have made it, except I went the NEA4wd meeting on Killington. I am just starting to get involved with the local clubs, now that I am pretty much stationary for where I am living. Hopefully, you had a good turn out.

Back