• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's going?

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to have the first thread. :D

LMAO... MWC taking over!!!
roflfawk.gif

There is a myriad of trails in the area -
Mud Lake, Brewer Lake, Strawberry, Bald Mtn, Dusy, Swamp Lake, and Blue Canyon all come to mind right away...

I'd like to plan the event so the big dinner / raffle / hang out is on Saturday night.

Dusy is a LONG trail according to everything that I've read, and I've heard its best ran in a 3 day time frame.

Opie and I were talking about doing a few trails instead of just Swamp. Maybe run Strawberry Lake, Brewer Lake and Mirror Lake one day, then do Coyote Lake for the Saturday run, have the raffle Saturday night, then diddle around on Bald or Blue Canyon on Sunday.

I've got a case of wine for the raffle, and would sure appreciate some ideas for raffle prizes, any ideas???

Dusy is a LONG trail according to everything that I've read, and I've heard its best ran in a 3 day time frame.

Yeah, I hear it is long and the group that I will be going with is planning on four days. Was thinking that if I swayed them into running it during the week before or the week after then I could do both.

Josh

Not to bump in butt was curiouse of were this run is going to be?

This is going to be in the Shaver Lake area, about an hour outside of Fresno. Most of the trails mentioned above are doable in a moderately modified rig with protection, 31's would be the minimum, with a locker on Coyote.

im moving to oregon, but il be coming down for this i think.How many expected? ive never ran shaver lake, what are the real minimums?im on 33's no lockers,but by august i hope to have finished my long arm, and have locked the rear atleast in some way

im moving to oregon, but il be coming down for this i think.How many expected? ive never ran shaver lake, what are the real minimums?im on 33's no lockers,but by august i hope to have finished my long arm, and have locked the rear atleast in some way

Your set up as is would be fine. 31's with a locker would be the minimum on the trails I mentioned above. 33's and open would be fine also. A lot of the harder obstacles can be bypassed on most of those trails. There are a couple of spots on Mirror and Coyote that could pose a problem, but there will be someone to spot and pull if needed.

I already have my leave in for this. Hoping to have the rear locked by then. but running 30/44 open right now on 35's. SO I might be able to push it, but not without a big bag of luck in my pocket. Any one have the GPS coordinates for the campsite? :yelclap:

I'll be there. I've done the annual XJ trip to Swamp, Coyote, Mirror, Bald, or whatever we ran every year for 12 years.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Is there more info somewhere on the trails around the shaver lake area? I will be there in june (family reunion) from las vegas, and my brother will be there also with his XJ. I cant find many solid maps showing trails.

Ben

I think my son and I can make it.

Is there more info somewhere on the trails around the shaver lake area? I will be there in june (family reunion) from las vegas, and my brother will be there also with his XJ. I cant find many solid maps showing trails.

Ben

search around in the sierra chapter forum about the trails near Shaver Lake.

some search terms:
Swamp Lake
Coyote Lake
Mirror Lake
Brewer Lake
Dusey -Ershim (sp?)
Bald Mountain

While I dont own it, the Wells guide:
http://www.4x4books.com/gtcan.htm

is fairly accurate and a good investment. I've heard nothing but good things.

Also check out:
http://www.4x4trailmaps.com/index.html

Back