• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof weight/loss

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
For those that have chopped the roof off, any idea how much it wieghed? Or how much weight saved after removing the rook and adding in the tube cage. Where is most of the weight, roof panels or pillars?

Most of the weight is in the windows and the doors, roof does not weigh that much... Since you should have a cage anyways, chopping the top will save you some weight, removing the windows and the hatch at the same time also helps

when i cut the sheet metal my roof off 1" from the gutter rails, 1" in front of the rear hatch and about 8" back from the winshield and it weighs 35 lbs. and this was with out the roof rack mounts. + cross suports and all the foam, another 12 lbs. I dont know what the interior weighed. i still have rear windows that i can weigh also.
Does any one know what the hatch weighs?

Rev Den said:
I gained 100lbs after dumping the roof and hatch,,,then adding a cage.

Rev

Thats quite a bit of weight gain, I hope you are dieting and exercising to lose that 100 pounds.... :laugh: So how about your XJ did it gain 100 pounds also? If so that's a 200 pound increase.... :)

Back