• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Yellow Snow"

Yellow got the engine replacement I referenced in the previous post in July of 2018. The engine that I got from MKR5150 ran absolutely amazing. At that time I also bought new stock height leaf springs and dropped it to 2" of lift, thinking I would drive it more often if it was easier to get in and out of. With the long arms and 2" of lift it drove about as awful as I expected it to. In the next two years I probably put less than 20 miles on it.

With a heavy heart, Yellow went to a new home last week.

EiJP6Kr.png

UQPMkKG.png

I had it over 10 years, the second longest I've owned any Jeep. Part of the reason for selling is because I got my first vehicle (that I got when I turned 14, also happens to be an XJ) running again after almost 15 years of being apart. I am far from out of the XJ game, but my wife and I had a child last December, and I just wanted to see someone put Yellow to good use since it was already set up for offroading, and I likely won't have time for much of that in the next couple years.

Thanks to all for the help and kind words over the years on this project, I will start a new build thread on the Jeeps that I'm working on now.

-Collin

Sad day home slice, but that sexy front bumper had to be what helped it fetch top dollar! Good times my friend, lots of years and carnage from that $500 red beater (not referencing my penis this time). We need to get up to DSM and see you and the family. Congrats again on your little boy, let's hope that he gets his moms looks and your radio voice.

Peace
Cheeseman-OUT!

Sad day home slice, but that sexy front bumper had to be what helped it fetch top dollar! Good times my friend, lots of years and carnage from that $500 red beater (not referencing my penis this time). We need to get up to DSM and see you and the family. Congrats again on your little boy, let's hope that he gets his moms looks and your radio voice.

Peace
Cheeseman-OUT!
I wasn't expecting such a fast response CHZ, I saw you hadn't been on the forums for a while. The bumper got tons and tons of interest, I had multiple people asking me if I would sell it separate from the Jeep, you need to go into the fabricating business man! Seriously the paint job and bumper were a huge part of why I liked this Jeep so much, the hard work from my homies in Missouri was much appreciated!

We had so much fun with this Jeep and at the end of the day, it didn't owe me a dime. It was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, always started when I needed it to and took a whole lot of abuse!

Thanks for the congrats, we would love to see you anytime man!

Back