• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

20K miles...

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
...since I bought my Cherokee April 14th, 2005. It's hard to believe I've put that many miles on it, but I just looked up the paperwork from when I bought it. It had 166k miles, and now just turned 186k. The vast majority of those miles are to and from wheeling, too.

How about you guys? I know some of you have owned yours since new...how many miles have you put on your rigs?

-----Matt-----

I've put 21k total on mine including the first time I owned it a few years ago. Bought it back from a friend almost 2 years ago. Did all of the mods to it since then, and have not been kind to it. It's a DD to and from work, plus a few 100 to 200+ mile trips to go wheeling. It has about 208k on it now.

Owned mine since 40k. Over 150k on it now. Have only ever changed the waterpump, radiator, and heater control valve besides what I've needed to maintain it (or exhaust mods).

Bought it bone stock at 4 years old, not even an aftermarket radio in it. Have owned it 8 years.

I bought my 91 bone stock with 82K in 99. Just turned over 195K and still going strong! I think I only had it for about 3K before it was lifted the first time with a 3 inch rustys kit. Hardly needed any work that wasn't a result of me being a dumbass.

Also, the jeep has just been retired from DD duties. Been working on it a lot and getting it ready for ford 8.8, 35's, lockers, the works! can't wait till it's all finished.

4 miles on it when I bought it in 1999 (It was still stitting on the transport).

Now it's around 78k.

Mine had 250k something, now it's up to 290k. So I've put around 40k on it. Been my daily driver for about 3 years now, doesn't run to bad for that many miles. Although you that heard it at the M&G may think differently.

Drove mine off the lot brand new in November of 2000; currently looking at 99K miles. I would mention the complete lack of any mechanical issues/repairs I've had, but I don't want to jinx it. ;)

Of course, I only recently started wheeling it.....

- Jay

Bought mine with 12K in 2002 and now I am at 83K. Most miles are driving to wheel or camp. Hasn't been a daily driver since beginning 2005. My wife drives me everywhere. :yelclap:

I used to live 3 miles from work but now since I have moved it is 8 miles:looser:

bought my 92 in august 2000, with 127,000 on it it is just a hair under 190,000 now still DDing even though work is only a mile and a half away.

picked up mine in April this year with 220, somthin on it. (all original) now pushin 228,000. strickly my weekend toy. although i do drive it once a week or so just cause i love it!

got mine a year and a half ago with 150,000, put 20k on it. Been pretty damn reliable, only replaced water pump, radiator, and plugs and wires. not driving it hardly at all now, cuz I take the bus to school, and don't work. So maybe my tires will last longer this time, damnit. I went through a set of 33" MT/Rs down in san diego in 1 year! 15000 miles and they were done. My only complaint. Now I'm waiting on a set of SSRs. Anyway, got a 170,000 miles on mine.

I'm sitting around 3-400 miles, not much, but for a queen :gee: but it only lives the hard life. Okay it's only been out on about 10 trips.

PAT

I'm at about 250 miles since April. Replaced the bumpers, TC mainshaft, rearend...twice, and radiator. Other than that she's perfect.

Bought my 91 in 01 with 168,000 now it has 193,000.The engine and tranny are the only 2 things that haven`t asked for thier fair share $$ yet .It doesn`t get to play in traffic with others often.

We bought our 97 in Feb. 2005 with 110K on it. It's at 138K now and I don't even drive to work. But it sure has been on some great trips to places like Glacier Nat. Park, Moab, several times to OR. and lots of weekend camping and wheeling trips. Works great for us on road and off. One of my sons has an '89 XJ that's almost at 300K and still running pretty good. It's encouraging to hear that so many XJ's are still going strong in their old age.

Bought my '90 in 2000 with 143,000 on the clock. After 2 trips to the Rubicon, 1 big trip to Moab, eleventy billion trips up and down I-5 as my former DD, it's sitting at 265,000 miles.

A testament to its solid engineering, I've replaced only a radiator, a water pump, a timing chain and fuel injectors. Most everything else has been changed to accomplish a goal, not to make a repair. I wouldn't hesitate to get in it this afternoon and go anywhere.

Back