• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crown king benefit run

chvynova-71

NAXJA Forum User
why dont we schedule a crown king run? not just a typical run. i want it to be the biggest in crown king and cleator history. i want a freakin convoy rolling into CC. they are good people up there and rely on the OHV traffic for cash flow. the town being closed for weeks must be killing them financially. i know how hard it would be for me to survive if i had no income for 3+ weeks. lets make it happen.

I love helping when and where I can.

I don't like annoyingly long runs that are crammed with thousands of jeeps and taking eight hours to move 20 miles.

My pile is also down for the summer.

I'm in. I just have to be able to ask it off at work. I work every weekend, it sucks.

I hope we can get alot of people to go. Im sure it wont be a convoy like i hope but even if we can get 50 or so it would be good. Talk to everyone you know and get them to commit to the run. Jeeps, quads, dirtbikes, anyone and everyone.

is there a date you have in mind? Never been and would like to attempt this trip with you guys. Overnight run? Whats CK like 4th of July weekend?

Curtis Beard

I just got off the phone with Taryn with the CC Chamber of Commerce. I am going to have a conference call with the other board members of the CoC this week. They are all for this run. I hope to have a huge turn out for them but I may need some help from some guys on this forum. I will keep everyone updated with info as it comes in. Again get your coworkers, neighbors, friends, to join in on this run. They need overnight visitors, most likely the 1st or 2nd weekend in july. Thanks, Rick.

I hope we can get alot of people to go. Im sure it wont be a convoy like i hope but even if we can get 50 or so it would be good. Talk to everyone you know and get them to commit to the run. Jeeps, quads, dirtbikes, anyone and everyone.

If its 50+ (Which I doubt that will ever happen) it will have to be a "goatyourownpace" trip.

But yes I know a guy whos up there on the weekends, and theyre hurtin pretty bad now. they want jeepers back up there to support the burger economy.

you should just make the trip for the weekend of July 14th, there having an Luau/Beach Party. And its my birthday that day!!!! party1:

Curtis Beard

I have another conference call with the president of the CoC. We are trying to figure out what day would be best. Im not just inviting jeeps, i have the word out to the sand sports guys, toyota guys etc.

Last edited:
You might consider staggering the start times by smaller groups, maybe an hour apart. It's going to be a dustfest going up there. 30 or 40 jeeps I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near the back of the pack. If you broke it up into 3 or more groups of maybe 7 - 10 rigs, it would probably be a lot more enjoyable for everyone. Just my .02.

Brent that was the plan. Prob a 7am kick off. And depending on how many show start times will be adjusted. Gonna need a trail leader for each group. Any volunteers?

Back