• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

East Valley Meet and Greet BBQ/Campout- Feeler thread

BLKBETY

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys- What are your thoughts on Meet and Greet @ my place in Gilbert?- Im at Warner and Lindsay and have a fairly large backyard that could technically fit over 100 vehicals and still have room to party, camp and and BBQ.. I joked with Kraker that I have a 24 foot wide 6 foot tall RTI ramp as well (Halfpipe)- I have a firepit- Smoker BBQ, Pool, horseshoe pit- Covered patio etc. I used to host huge get togethers here in my last sport (you can guess what that was)- People could come out set up tents BBQ get wasted and camp out to avoid any DUI's- I've had Bands play in the past and our neighbors are cool too so can anything planned can last into the wee hours of the night with no issues- I want to wait for a good time for the majorty of the AZ chapter to make it- Even Tucson.. IT's getting hot soon and it either needs to be pretty quick or we can wait until after summer and plan something big!- Who knows- if we have a good show rate maybe we could make this an annual event.. So chime in, let's get something organized and planned. Let me know when would work best based off the repsonses we can set a date..
Property-1.jpg

Plenty of space i see. Is the half pipe going to be open to use?
I need property like that! What do you do for work?

- The half pipe surface is a little decrepid but no more than a forclosed backyard pool. :cheers:- Just makes things a little more interesting when riding it:gee:- It needs a new surface but as you can see I've been putting my money elsewhere. - I've been working in Propriatary Educational Sales for the last 8 years.. (For Profit Education)- which used to be very lucrative but has since tamed down in the last few years- which is now why I'm contracted through a Non-Profit University and can have the same income potential as I was used too in the past- But... Let's stay on topic Chvy.. What are your thoughts on a NAXJA meet and Greet Camp out? Any specific time frame that would work best. We speak of the forums dying down and Im trying to get something going here. Gimmie your input and let's encourage others to get this planned out- My thoughts are maybe a Saturday sometime before June? - or anytime after August- We can go into the night- Huge bonfire -Keg of Beer- I could possibly get a Band -Bring tents to camp if your drinking- Or.. should we be kid friendly? - I have only met a few of you so that's why Im throwing a feeler thread out- :helpme:

Sounds like an awesome idea man, I'm willing to drive up for a night...I'll just find an open spot in your field and sleep there...

My wife works for a college as an admin assistant for their nursing dept.

I would be in for sure for the meet and greet. I would say start it around noon on a saturday.

looks/sounds like a blast ! (assuming bikes are allowed) decrepid mini halves and xjs are kind of my thing ! (and drinking):cheers:

Get some bolders in that big lot for everyone to crawl

You know-I thought of that and am willing to anyone who could pull it off for free or minamal cost. Would need to keep it clean gotta keep the woman happy..

Awesome response so far lets keep them coming.. So far- it starts on a Saturday @ noon.. I was thinking maybe we plan after summer- late august september to give plenty of notice for the majority to be able to make it..

You still skate? Its been awhile for me. Im afraid to get hurt now... i used to be pretty good. Won a couple small skate comps and an ollie contest. Then got into women, cars, and partying which screwed it all up....

That would probably be alright on my end. It should start cooling off at night around that time, right? Make for good camping weather.

you got the yard that i want, lets get a new suface for that pipe and shreed that shiz up, jk, been a long time since ive been on one

You still skate? Its been awhile for me. Im afraid to get hurt now... i used to be pretty good. Won a couple small skate comps and an ollie contest. Then got into women, cars, and partying which screwed it all up....

yep still do every once in a while. - Takes a little longer to heal these days though..

-So it looks like this could work- I'll bump this up this up once we get closer to cooler days.. Again, I'm open to suggestions- For the ramp- anyones welcome to bring their boards/bikes-Im looking at about $500 to get it resurfaced.(about 24 sheet's of mesonite and around 10 lbs of screws-. always willing to accept donations- I wasnt aware we have a bunch of past skaters who have now taken up wheeling-

Turn your back yard into a rock garden and I am willing to contribute time/beer...

Totaly down for somthing like that - Would need access to #1 An "S" load of boulders.. #2 a tractor to get all moved into one spot- I would want it bordered with Wood/Concrete to keep the rocks in- looking nice and not too "whitetrashy"- Would need to plot out a good amount of square footage- maybe somthing like 18 -20 ft wide by 40-50 feet long- Doesnt AKelts work for a mine?- hmm.. maybe I could get rocks from him- Or we could go crazy with the shotcrete-

We are in... it all depends on the day. No one day will work for everyone. Since you are providing the place, my suggestion is to pick the day and let everyone else start planning for it. You might even consider the first part of September and call it a season kickoff.

Can the field on the right be used for RV's?

Back