• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging interest in tour of Ray Mine

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
Was wondering if anyone would like to come see where I work? Its a pretty unique place and I wouldnt mind giving some fellow NAXJA members (and maybe a couple of forum users too) a tour. I was thinking sometime in April before it starts getting warm. Let me know what dates work for you guys. Sorry, but the Jeeps will have to stay in the parking lot at the main gate and we would take a van into the pit. I am thinking max of 9 people. There might be some decent rock collecting, but I can gaurantee great photo ops with some really big mining equipment.

Here are some pics to give you an idea of layout:

DSC_0226_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

The daily blast going off in the distance:
P1010155.jpg

Shovel loading trucks:
P1010147.jpg

To get an idea of the size of the mine try finding the shovels in this pic (they are about the size of a 4 story building):
P1010150.jpg

Let me know if your interested and we will try to work it in sometime in April.

hey i don't see any chocks on your jeep :nono: lol
DSC_0226_edited-1.jpg

also you guys load 830's with a P&H 4100? they won't let us do that.

hey i don't see any chocks on your jeep :nono: lol also you guys load 830's with a P&H 4100? they won't let us do that.

:looney: Its parked in one of the parking ditchs they use for the haul trucks...doubt its going anywhere.

This photo was also taken a couple years ago...before not chocking was a big no-no at the mine.

Tya and I would go Aaron, but what about kids lol?

Tyler, You would probably have to find a sitter...I think 16 years old is about as young as I could accomodate safely.

Holy crud Aaron, I would be all over doing this. That machinery is amazing and have always wanted to see it in person! I would love to bring my son Wyatt, he would love this! Gimme a call and let me know when would be good for you. 623-606-5223

Holy crud Aaron, I would be all over doing this. That machinery is amazing and have always wanted to see it in person! I would love to bring my son Wyatt, he would love this! Gimme a call and let me know when would be good for you. 623-606-5223

Right now just thinking some Saturday in April...I cant really accomodate anyone younger than 16 on the tour for safety reasons.

You should still go and take pics for your son! I bet he'd still be excited for you to come home and tell him all about it. Looks like I will be in town for this. Put two down for sure.

As much as I'd like to it's a very long drive and to do something without my son that he would love even more than I would isn't worth it to me!

Any status update on this?

Still planning it for a Saturday or Sunday in April....

Those who are interested in taking the tour just post up what days work best for you and we will go from there.

I really dont have much planned in April yet either. Saturdays or Sundays preferred by anyone?

I think Saturdays would be preferable on my end.

If there is space, I know two or three people who may be interested, too.

I think Saturdays would be preferable on my end.

If there is space, I know two or three people who may be interested, too.

As of right now i looks like there will be space for a couple more.

Back