• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Years wheeling

underpowered

NAXJA Forum User
kind of a tradition with my buddies to have a new years day trip. last few years is has not been on new years day itself, but usually pretty close. went to 491 offroad park here in KY, only a few miles from my house. No, onto the pics.

i got the first stuck of the day, wedged into the creek. can't go up, and bumper/hitch won't let me back down
DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1205.jpg

buddy let his son drive his rig, nearly got it stuck. the 7 year old knows how to work it to get it out.
DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

uploading some pics from my brothers camera now.

tried basically every creekbank i could nose into, some were so steep i could not even get on them, but others my departure angle killed me on. most were just so slick i could not make it up, didn't stop me from trying though.

DSC_9923.jpg

DSC_9921.jpg

DSC_9955.jpg

DSC_9940.jpg

DSC_9956.jpg

DSC_9930.jpg

DSC_9946.jpg

DSC_9911.jpg

DSC_9872.jpg

DSC_9873.jpg

DSC_9874.jpg

DSC_9978.jpg

Um you guys have some interesting rigs... Definitly different then the type of wheeling I am used to.

-Alex

here in KY we don't have rocks, or even mud to speak of, a completely different kind of wheeling than most from out west are used to.

Love the rigs or hate em, most are plenty capable for the places we put them out this way.

I lol'd through this whole thread. thanks for sharing!

as long as you liked it! lol

nice pics, I like this sooper hoopty with the tractor tires I think
FILE0059.jpg

They are different for sure. Looks like you had fun. Plus I believe they are mainly trail rigs so who cares as long as they work.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

They are different for sure. Looks like you had fun. Plus I believe they are mainly trail rigs so who cares as long as they work.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

exactly. The only one that was there that is street driven is the black toyota, none of the others are titled.

tried wheeling a driver for a while, but hated being easy on it incase it broke, then i was out a ride for the week. with these rigs beat on them as hard as we want, if something breaks it is not a big deal as we don't have to worry about getting to work on monday.

exactly. The only one that was there that is street driven is the black toyota, none of the others are titled.

tried wheeling a driver for a while, but hated being easy on it incase it broke, then i was out a ride for the week. with these rigs beat on them as hard as we want, if something breaks it is not a big deal as we don't have to worry about getting to work on monday.

I've always wheeled my driver but i understand that if you want to be really hard on it you really need a trail only rig.

Back