• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 97 Factory Leather seats

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Country that came with cloth seats that I want to upgrade to leather. Recovering them is $900. I know I can do Grand Cherokee seats but I am just not a fan of how they look in an XJ.

I don't care if the driver seat is a little rough as it gets used the most but as long as the rest are in decent shape I can get the driver seat repaired if it isn't too bad. I don't even need the seat bases. I have the Tan interior so it would have to be tan leather seats to match.

If anyone knows of some let me know! I live in North Georgia in Roswell so it would have to be within 2 hours driving distance to make it worth it. I have been searching for seats for 2 1/2 years and only found one set at a pull-a-part in Norcross and they were gone before I could get back there with the right tools.

Tempting but shipping would probably be awful. Also there was a slight shade of color change after 97. 97 had a slightly darker shade that later years. I don't know if the shade change came in 98 or 99 but its just off enough to make a difference. I know I am making this a needle in a haystack situation but I have waited 2 1/2 years so far, I will keep waiting until I find the right seats. Just wanted to post up incase somebody close happened to have some.

So looks like finding local leather seats is more difficult than finding the Ark of the Covenant.

I have been looking into 96+ ZJ seats since 96-98 will have a matching shade of tan and I like the look of the seats in those years. WJ seats are not the right color and just look too puffy in a XJ to me. They are super comfy, I love my girlfriend's seats in her WJ, but I want them Jeep to look right. I know I am just making it more difficult for myself but I am particular about what I like to do to my Jeep.

Back