• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 4.0 Injectors

smccollamjr

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and I'm still confused. I've got a leaky injector so I'm going to replace them all. I've read a bunch of threads about using Ford 5.0/4.6 injectors, but I can't tell if that's only for the Renix engines. I looked on 5-0 motorsports and they only list the 4-hole injectors through '93. If anybody has bought 4-hole injectors for their '96+ 4.0 could you please give me the part number you ordered and where you ordered it from?

Thanks.

Make sure your '96 is really a '96. I have a '96 Country, made in early '96. My son has a '96 Classic, and when he got it a few months ago, I noticed that the fuel injectors , as well as other things, were a little different. Turns out that some of the later '96 models had mostly '97 running gear, with the older body. His was manufactured in Sept. of '96, well after '97 models would have been in production. I don't know the exact date of changeover, but I don't think '97s showed up at dealers until January of '97.

The 96-99s had the gray top 23.2# injectors. I have a used(75K) set sitting in the shed. . .

Last edited:
I ordered six of the F5TE-24lb injectors from Fiveomotorsport.com back in 2004 - no problems with ordering, or with the injectors afterward. This is on the stock 4.0L in my '96, no stroker or any engine mods other than a '99 intake manifold added earlier this summer.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I too am running the gray top injectors from 5.o motorsports,No problems with them but the wire connections have loosened a time or two,I just used plastic wire ties to hold the connection tight.
That may be due to the age of the wires and vibration .
Wayne

I don't think you even need to spend that much $. Only the Renix injectors are problematic.

Buy a new set of o-rings top and bottom and save the cash.

Back