• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

spent a large chunk of the morning cleaning up the garage as it was a mess and it was a hard time walking around without steping on stuff, also decided to install the traction bar, but there was 2 little issues, ifrst was when it was origanally welded up the 2 eye holes shifted making it impossib;e to reinstall, and 2nd when i installed the shackle relocation brackets that tilted the axle up, so i cut the top bar off and repositioned it, now tractionbar is in for good fuel system just might wait as im knocking out alot of the little things

00231.JPG

Sweet, looks done. Come pick me up in it and take me out on a date.

smashed out the exhaust today, its a downpipe from advanced auto, hi flow cat and cherry bomb turbo muffler, and a bunch of misc pieces and bends

flex pipe right in frt of crossmember
00142.JPG

cat
00326.JPG

muffler
00527.JPG

fuel system is done, just gotta get gas after work tomorow and check for leaks

00144.JPG

00233.JPG

Lookin FANCY! :thumbup:

UPDATES!

for starters my turning radius sucked, the tj pitman arm i had simply didnt have enough throw, so i got a WJ arm from Jeff at Crown, the issue with wj arms is the master splines are clocked diffrently then a xj/tj arm, so i took a file to it and now have unlimited clocking and full throw steering

pitmanarm.jpg

i also had issues with my limiting strap setup, i was gonna run ep eye to eye on the shocks, i got 29" straps, my shocks are 29.75 ext, i didnt know that straps stretch, so i redid the upper shock mount and dropped the mounting point for the shock 1.5"

sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

strap is just starting to snug up as the coil is almost unseating(dont be hatin on meh "mad ghetto" ramps

flex.jpg

the the good bit, spent the past few days fabbing up a rear bumper and crossmember. The crossmember is 3x3x3/16 angel welded to the frame and shackle boxes, im also gonna add 2 pieces of tube from the inner frame rail to the back of the crossmember for more support

xmem.jpg

the bumper is 2x5x2/16 box cut and bent, legs and quarter guards are 2x2x3/16 and is conected to the crossmember with 12 bolts, and has a flush mounter reciever that is part of the middle bumper mount

bumper11.jpg

bumper21.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper4.jpg

finished up the bracing for the rear crossmember, ran some plate down in the inner frame rails then used some tube to conect to help spread the load on the rear crossmember
00720.JPG

also repaired mt frt bumper, when it was on my old jeep i bent the drivers side by driving into way to many trees and rocks, it didnt help that i notched it a bit to much for acsees for one of the bolts, anyways replaced it with new steel that has less of a notch and bracing

00424.JPG

00328.JPG

theres very little to get it wheelable

install batterey tray(i have)
brakes-hope to have it all ordered this weekend
run vent line for fuel cell
tighten up all loose interior wiring
conect vacum hoses

things id like to do but aint important
swap out temp sensor
belly pan
cup holders
radio

started to run brakelines, running most of the lines that vettboy posted in rcman's thread

the frt im running a tab off the tb bracket then i welded a tab on the housing the line will pretty much float there, i may move the tab back a little so the line dosnt touch anything
417.JPG

the rear i got a washer that the line mounts to and the other end bolts to tihe axle
418.JPG

if anyone gots any advise as to if this will all work or not it be mucho apriciated

none of it is going to work, so you should just load the whole jeep on a trailer and send it to me!

Back