• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the diameter for ur rear tire carrier hinge?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys!
Im currently building my back bumper and I need to know if any of u guys have a ball-park diameter for the spindle hinge on rear tire carriers? I cant mount the bumper until I have a rough measurment for this since the spindle hinge will sit on top of the bumper. If any of u guys have this can u let me know! thanks!:cheers:

smokeeaterXJ said:
Hey guys!
Im currently building my back bumper and I need to know if any of u guys have a ball-park diameter for the spindle hinge on rear tire carriers? I cant mount the bumper until I have a rough measurment for this since the spindle hinge will sit on top of the bumper. If any of u guys have this can u let me know! thanks!:cheers:
they are slightly different depending on where you get them from, are you talking about the spindle, or the OD of the hinge assembled? I have one, here is a link to what I used:
http://www.atozfabrication.com/cata..._id=34&zenid=fc725348908ba7bbe9775ca1355fc792

I hope you are sinking it into the bumper itself, and not mounting it on-top somehow, just confused on your dilemma

Be very conservative in your design. Several of the Colorado folks used these trailer spindles a few years ago and they ended up breaking. Go as heavy as you can fit.

Back