• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cescent Lake 6/18

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
Spent the weekend camping with the family. Friday I decided to take them to the Crescent Lake trail for some mild wheeling and fishing. The trail isn't very difficult, but it's long, 16 miles to Cescent Lake. The last 3 miles is harder with some small rock gardens and off camber sections. It was a 3 hour trip from the trail head to Crescent Lake.
At the trail head.
IMG_0485.jpg

We had to cut trees out of the trail twice during the trip up. This one was blocking the trail and people had been driving around it making a bypass. We cut the tree and rolled it into the bypass to keep folks on the trail where they belong.
IMG_0550.jpg

Lots of bumpy, slow going trail.
IMG_0549.jpg

Crescent Lake. There were a couple of small snow drifts we had to drive through as we got near the lake. At the lake in the trees, snow was still 3 feet deep in places.
IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Crossing the creek on the way out.
IMG_0589.jpg

that looks like it was a nice trip. thats what my child hood was all about, driving through gods country to get to little spots like this. last couple years been lazy and just hitting eleven mile.
kids are comming soon, may do a little camping trip like this myself

Back